• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some information about AMD Athlon le-1640 2.6 GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xXK3kic4Xx

Hello im new to overclocking , and i just oc my Cpu Amd Athlon le-1640 2.6 GHz to 3.01 GHz , i set my ddr2 Ram speed to 400 MHz (ddr2 800) , multiplier 13x
Ht link 1156.2 MHz
Cooler 250 w
Original Clock : 2600 MHz
Oc Clock to : 3006 MHz

Original System Clock : 200 MHz
Oc system Clock to : 231.2 MHz

Here is my Temp link
http://www.2shared.com/photo/VcDQ0C8m/Cpu_temp_c.html

So do i need to be afraid did i push it to much . thanks

Voltage looks good. Temps... what are you load temperatures (Prime95, TOrture test, small fft)?

Run the the Torture test, small FFT, while you have Coretemp or Hwmonitor running (or whatever you had above) and run it for about 15 minutes, THEN take the screenshot.

Ok i will do that , i will post pic here , just need to finish my work . thanks

Ok , what are u thinking if i wanna try OC my Cpu little bit more ?
Memory Clock is on 333 of 533
Chipset Voltage is 1.3 V
Cpu freq 231.
But i have only 1 Gb of ram , is it gonna be hard to handle with temp with my cooler 250 v ?

Go for it.. you dont have much headroom temp wise, but you should be able to get a bit more out of it.

Ok, i will do it and i will send u results here . Thank u alot for Helping me !

I did some changes not so big for u, but big for me , because I had never OC before
I increased system clock , and I reduced DRAM Frequency , and increase some Voltage .
I did a Small FFT test here is the results : http://www.2shared.com/photo/peHEyH5v/Prime95_FFT_TEST_306_GHz.html

Its just i dk when i restart my Pc it says Overclocking failed ?! Whats that problem , and why its says that when i did all test and it shows no error or threats . :/

My Bios verison is v02.58 (c)Copyright 1985-2007. American Megatrends. Inc.

Last edited:
Hi I just started overclocking my self. Same cpu... This past week to be exact. First and foremost I must recommend you run prime 95 on blend for a few hours on everything stock. Even your ram at the crappy stock speed/timing your mobo picks out for it, and then set your correct speed and timings for your ram and run it again -------------------------- Doing this I found out my Ram I was using was no good. Would only pass at crappy mobo stock speeds and could not pass at rated time and speed.

So I ripped them out and put in a pair rated for the same specs but better heatsinks. Passes at rated speed and timeing for 5+ hours. Bam

Then due the locked multiplyer I jacked the ram back to 333 Reved up the FSB slowly to 247 Added a dash of voltage to my cpu and northbridge. Now Ram is back to 400mhz cpu is 3.21 and HT is up there somewhere I don't quite remember. Ran Prime95 on blend for about .5 hour still green with success I stopped it. The cpu's heatsink is now getting a little warm. Not hot and the northbridge a little warmer still but still not close to being unpleasant to leave my thumb and index finger on. But warmer from the not even being able to tell it was on temps I was getting.

So once I get a temp monitor program running I'll leave it on for 5 hours and let you know how it goes!

Make sure you run the Prime95 blend test to check for the stability of the ram at the overclock settings you are running. The blend test is the most balanced of the three and involves more ram than the large and small FFT. If you can pass two hours you can call it stable in my book.

Ok my Cpu is on regular speed Original Clock 200 MHz beacouse my Overclocking failed , im gonna Oc it again , and i will run Prime95 for 2 h and send u pic here to see my temp , so u can give me some advice . Thanks ;)

Back