• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need sugestion for new Fan controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thekamikazepr

Need suggestion for a new Fan Controller 5.25 bay preferred.

Long story short: I guess I put to many fans in 1 channel and that burn part of the fan controller and my pump.

Fans:
8- Corsair SP 120 I bet I need Y splitters or something I guess So I need something that can hold it
(2 per channel) ?

Did they burn out a motherboard fan header? Or kill a fan controller you already had? If so, what fan controller are you using?

What exact fans are you using? In particular either the wattage or amperage draw of each fan.....??

What exact fans are you using? In particular either the wattage or amperage draw of each fan.....??

http://www.corsair.com/us/cpu-cooli...e-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan.html

High performance, Not sure why it shorted maybe it was not fan related

Per my understanding. 4 fans @ .18Amps @ 12V is 2.16 Watts? that x4 is 8-9 Watts which is way lower than 30 that the controller supports.

Could have been something else that shorted (considering the pump started to fail shortly after this as well) (maybe pump cause fan controller to short)

Yea, that's exactly what I was leading up to. I doubt you overloaded the controller as you originally thought. The problem is somewhere else obviously. Either the controller simply failed on that port, or like you said... some other part caused it to short out and fail.

Ive had nothing but good experiences with the Sunbeam Tech Rheosmart 6. 20W per channel and it has the option to do manual control or take the PWM signal from your MOBOs CPU header and automatically adjust your fan speeds.

I use a lamptron fan-atic and spun a bunch of syth ultra kaze 3000's with it and have had no issues with it, simple also, low- off- high.

And it managed to kill the pump? What kind of PSU are you running?

Went to remove my old reservoir from the vinegar bath it was having to remove al the algae etc...

Now I see why the pump died.....

The oring was stil lattached to the reservoir and not in the pump... FML!

So most likely it was also the pump who cause the fan controller to fail.

5:bang head

Back