• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strufly

Hi, i need a little help with finding a network card. so far i have seen there are 2 types, usb dongles and pci cards. given that i use wifi and i would need to take out one of my gpu's i wouldnt really want to take up the pci slot. so, some usb dongles have antennas and stuff? is that a neccesarity? On my mac i get 40/10 which i pay for, on my desktop i get 18/10 with an old dongle from dlink ( a grey one ).
So, can u guys reccommend some good cheap ones that ship to europe (denmark) and is enough to transfer all the 40/10 i pay for.

It has been about a year since I researched this. Also that last time I personally compared usb/pci, dongle vs none was back when wireless N was only a few years old. Dating myself a little.

The conclusion between friends and I. If you have a week signal in the room a dongle can really help you place an antenna in a sweet spot.

Any quality brand adapter will work. I personally like ASUS at the moment. Netgear and linksys are solid players too.

I hate belkin.

Back