• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 3D Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daveinacave

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check the parts etc of my build before I start ordering to make sure that I haven't overlooked any blatant incompatibilities. The build is gonna be for 3d Movies/Games (mainly movies) and possibly a bit of anything else (video editing/programming etc.). I might be overclocking this build, but I haven't made up my mind yet (it's a strong possibility).

Also this is the first rig I've built so let me know if there's anything that I've missed from my list.

Many thanks in advance for all your help :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/daveinacave/saved/48Vf

CPU - Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core

CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM

Motherboard - Asus Maximus VI Formula ATX LGA1150

Memory - Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600

Storage - Samsung EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD

Video Card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB

Case - Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower

Power Supply - Corsair 860W ATX12V / EPS12V

Speakers - Audioengine A5+ White 100W 2ch

Optical Drive - LG BH10LS38.AUAU10B

Monitor - Asus VG278HR

All the best,

Dave

Last edited:
daveinacave, nothing wrong with the build but if you're not looking to break any records overclocking, then the Mobo is overkill. You also do not need an 800+ watt PSU. You will have plenty of power with a 650w PSU and room to spare. Just in case you want to save a few bucks.

daveinacave, nothing wrong with the build but if you're not looking to break any records overclocking, then the Mobo is overkill. You also do not need an 800+ watt PSU. You will have plenty of power with a 650w PSU and room to spare. Just in case you want to save a few bucks.
+1. This makes it fine to me. Save a few quid on things that are overkill. :)

Cool. Thanks for your advise Mandrake4565 and Earthdog. I will definitely look into that.

Back