• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 8600 GTS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir-Epix

I just installed my upgrade the evga 8600gts. I have the all in one package installed, and have my x2 only doing AP while my cuda has mb. The only problem is it is not finishing in 300 seconds like i noticed other peoples cards doing, but rather looking like it will take 5 hours! What is going on? Am I doing something wrong. Let me know.

P.S. it is using 0.04 CPU, 1 cuda task.

Did you install the optimized apps?
Its possible your GPU is crunching a VLAR unit...which run very slow on GPUs. The optimized ap's kill those WUs automatically to not "waste" your time.

Also, note that the 300 seconds you are quoting is likely CPU time, not elapsed time for the workunit. My 8800GS cards take about 20-25 mins per workunit to give you a rough idea.

Did you install the optimized apps?
Its possible your GPU is crunching a VLAR unit...which run very slow on GPUs. The optimized ap's kill those WUs automatically to not "waste" your time.

Also, note that the 300 seconds you are quoting is likely CPU time, not elapsed time for the workunit. My 8800GS cards take about 20-25 mins per workunit to give you a rough idea.

I installed the new All in one driver from lunatics...doesn't that already kill the vlar units?

Do I have install another optimizer?

It is now looking like 10 hours per work unit.

Update...seems to be crunching around 1 hour now per work unit. I installed the 2.2cuda. Temps are now 75C....hot...hot...hot!

My 8600GT completes a WU in around 40-50 minutes

This appears to be a more accurate completion time. Range so far is about 39 minutes to 50 minutes. What is your core clock and shader clocks on that card? I have mine clocked to 689Mhz for the core clock, and 1512 for the shader clock.

Back