• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build - advice on compatibility?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jboogie41

Hi all,

Am currently looking to build a new rig but am a little restricted in terms of price and location (I live in New Zealand, so components are relatively more expensive over here!!)

Currently, this is the build that I am looking at...

- AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AMD Socket AM3+ 990FX 4xDDR3 Motherboard OR Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 AMD 990X Socket AM3+ ATX Motherboard with 4x DDR3
- Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
- Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
- Lepa G650-MAS G Series Modular 80PLUS Gold 650 Watt Power Supply
- Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card
- NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

I was just wondering if there is any issues in terms of part compatibility or any recommendations that anyone could make in terms of alternative parts or anything along those lines?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help, cheers!! :p

I don't think you'll have any compatibility issues.
I also suggest going smaller on the SSD.
use an HHD for most of your storage.
The EVGA supernova 750w seems to be really popular around here for psu.

you can use https://pcpartpicker.com/ to tell if your parts are all 100% compatible

IT will also give you a good price estimate and tell you the estimated wattage and stuff like that,
Also, what will be your main use for this rig? Gaming?

Get away from that Kingston ram if you're still planning on an FX processor. There is a trend of issues.
Buy G.Skill.

Back