• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build - How are my temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TotalMalice

Registered
Hey everyone, new to the forum, and wanted to get some input on the temp for my new build.

This is the new build I put together to replace my long out-dated gaming rig, in preperation for the upcoming season of games, including Battlefield 3, Skyrim, etc...

So far, I'm extremely happy with the performance, everything at stock speeds (aside from the pre-overclocked video cards), and have been able to run everything I've tried at max settings 1080p.

In the future I will most likely be overclocking it, but not until I get a better cooling solution for my CPU and case, when I need to OC.

As of now, I wanted to get some input on my temperatues, and if they were acceptable/good, or if I should be addressing a problem with my system the way it is.

To test my temps, I ran Battlefield Bad Company 2, at full settings, at 1080p, for a about 30 minutes.

After about 15 minutes the temps started to top out, and remained for the rest of the test.

My CPU at load was 63c
My GPU (1) was at 66c, and GPU (2) was at 55c, with both fans at about 75%.
Ambient temp in the case was 35c.

At Idle:
CPU is ~45c
GPU1 is ~ 48c
GPU2 is ~35c
Ambient is ~31c

Are these temps decent for stock cooling, and safe to run for the future until I want to overclock?

System Specs:

Core i5-2500k (Stock)
2x MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr II in SLi
16GB DDR31600 (G.Skill Enthusiast Series)
Asus P8P67 Deluxe Mobo
Corsair 850W TX Enthusiast Series PSU
Coolermaster NV 690 II Advanced Nvidia Case

About what CPU temp are we talking here? On cores measured with RealTemp or generic CPU measured with software supplied by MB manufacturer?
Load prime95 for 15 minutes and see your max. core temps.

About what CPU temp are we talking here? On cores measured with RealTemp or generic CPU measured with software supplied by MB manufacturer?
Load prime95 for 15 minutes and see your max. core temps.

This was average core tempt measured with CPUID HW Mon.

Not too shabby. Good temps. The best way is to stress the system fully, to find weakenesses.

Try this.

Run Prime 95 small ffts, 7 threads. Once it is up and running run the Unigine Heaven benchmark with everything on high. It looks good too!

Prime will push the CPU past gaming loads easy. Heaven is a good GPU tester and isn't as hard on the GPUs as Furmark, you'll never push your cards that hard in gaming.

Let it run for 15 minutes, record temps. Tell us your ROOM temp. Every C in room temp adds 1C to your temps. Case temps doesn't set a baseline for us to see. Ohh, HW Monitor will show all the temps you need to see just fine, try it.

Or, LOL, your temps are just fine as is really. Your good for now, but I know your curious.

Once you have a few posts, make a sig, think you need 5 posts for that. Look at a few, 20-30 sigs of others to see what suits you. And where you are at matters once you want new stuff. You live in lower Estonia, your purchase options decrease...lots.

TotalMalice. Like your some badass dude. Just joking. Prolly a 25 YO Tech junkie that likes games. Might as well have Total Geek. I am the same, so be what you are, just a user name. You could be a Seal Team 6 that is happy that "Lucky Charms cereal now has 15% more Leprechaun meat in it". Yummy!

Drinking... never mind..........

Last edited:
Back