• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Restarting After POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grate

Registered
Hi all,

Recently decided to upgrade to a q6600 and a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4.
At this point I only have the processor, video card (PNY 8800gt) and ram in place. The ram is 4GB of G Skill which I have been running in conjunction with the PNY 8800GT on AMD 6000+ for the past two months without any problems.

I am currently using a Coolermaster extreme Power 550w psu.

The system boots... does a post test, I can get into Bios for maybe 5-15 seconds then it just shuts down.

The CPU is being detected at an underclocked speed presently, and I don't even have enough time to change the clock speed before it reboots.

Presently using the stock HSF while in the beginning stages.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I am at a loss as in what could be causing this to happen.

Thanks in advance.

Just an update, I had a 500W THermalTake PSU kicking around, and swapped that out. Same thing is happening. So I don't believe the PSU is the cause of the problem. Also dropped down to a single stick of ram instead of 4x 1gb.

Double check the HSF mount reapply thermal compound if needed, also check the motherboard is shorting out, standoffs not tall enough wrong holes basically double check everything. Then reset the bios and try again, thats all I can come up with for now good luck.

Double check the HSF mount reapply thermal compound if needed, also check the motherboard is shorting out, standoffs not tall enough wrong holes basically double check everything. Then reset the bios and try again, thats all I can come up with for now good luck.

Appreciate the feedback, I actually just got done reseating the mobo and CPU.

I am still in the same boat unfortunately.

Looking at the reviews on newegg, it appears that these problems occur sometimes with these boards, at least going by user feedback/reviews.

At this point, it looks like its time to RMA. Thanks for the input though.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to 'Grande Juan.'

After a nights rest, a third complete reseating of the mobo and cpu has appeared to resolve the issue. :)

Glad to here it's working. Now the fun begins run some benchies and start clocking.

Never underestimate the importance of a good nights rest.

Back