• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Software Sequence

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OldSchoolNinja

Registered
Wakirimas Brethren,

Going to build my new rig next week and wanted to know the proper/best sequence for installing software. I will have an ASUS Sabertooth R2 Mobo and FX-6300 CPU with an GeForce 560TI GPU.

What is the best sequence of software install? I have read you should get Windows 7 fully installed first. Others say no you need to load Windows first but then flash the BIOS ii required. Some say install drivers first.

Things are much more complex now than they were on my last build. Apparently install sequence can have an impact on whether you run trouble free or not.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sincerely.

Old School Ninja :sn:

Welcome to the forums I would say follow what Paul at Newegg did, that's how i did mine and it turned perfect! But if by chance you have a SSD to install your things to change the setting in the Bios. To AHCI before you install any programs or OS ETC. AJ. :thup: :)

By the way there is more videos to look at as well on this link!

Back