• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW BUILD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FarKew

Registered
Hello

I am building my 2nd pc after i build one for $5200

and did not work right (Read More) HELP ! new PC Crashing for last 3 months look, for this

anyway i am here to talk about my new build and get your thoughts and ideas.

LOOKING AT SPENDING 5000-5500

pcpartpicker = http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/bntF99

here what there Continue

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Graphic Card GV-N98TD5-6GB-B

Asus Rampage V Extreme Motherboard RAMPAGEVEXTREME

Samsung Mz-75E1T0Bw 850 Evo 1Tb Ssd, 3D V-Nand, Sata Iii 6Gb/S, 2.5"

Silverstone Raven RV05B-W ATX Full Tower Case with Windows

Asus ROG Switft PG278Q 27" G-Sync Gaming Monitor - PG278Q

Corsair Hydro Series H75 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3GHz 15M LGA2011-V3 6C/12

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 16G 4X4 2800MHz - CMK16GX4M4A2800C16

WD 4TB Caviar Black 3.5 Inch 7200RPM 64MB Internal Hard Drive - WD4003FZEX

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64Bit OEM

Silverstone SOB02 Slim Black Blu-Ray Burner SST-SOB02

Corsair AX860i 860W Platinum 80 Plus Power Supply CP-9020037-NA

any way what do you guys think reason i got some of this stuff is for the wifi better the the g1 on motherboard i know power supple big on picker but u can get same on in 860

all so it will be used for gaming, working and most of the adobe stuff

all ear and ready for ideas and change thanks guys

I made some changes to your list here:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/x4YKQ7

That motherboard is completely overkill unless you are sub-zero benchmarking. I switched it to an ASRock Extreme 6. I swapped in the PSU that you listed there. Changed RAM down to 2666 G.skill RAM for much cheaper. And replaced the CPU cooler, the H75 isn't powerful enough to cool a hexcore CPU like that (from what I remember).

Where to start...

1. Why are you building another PC because you cant get the other to work????????????????? You made of money? Send me that PC, I will pay for shipping... seriously.
2. You do not need such an expensive motherboard. You are not using sub ambient temps which is what that board is made for. You would be happy with something half the cost. 3
3. Id get a bigger cooler for the CPU Coolermaster Nepton 240m comes to mind...
4. That PSU is overkill for your current setup. Are you getting two cards in the future? If so, that wattage is about right. However get EVGA Supernova G2 850W. Same high quality as the Corsair, but a lot cheaper. If you do not plan on 2 GPUs, grab EVGA GS650. ;)

Otherwise, looks good!

hey janus, earth

yer i sending the whole thing back got a refund thought paypal ,

not made of money just have a little to spend been long time and i need one for new work n play.

and i look into the item used have said

ok after think about it
i would like to learn about overclocking as time go on so you think i should keep this stuff for it

Sure, but you still do not need that expensive motherboard for ambient cooled overclocking... the extreme 6 that janus suggested, and many others, would be fine. But you would want an AIO like I listed in order to overclock and keep temps in order.

As others have said, the motherboard is overkill but the water cooler is underkill. If you change nothing else, get a better water cooler. You'll want to go with at least a two fan long radiator or better yet a three fan long radiator. But I'm not sure what will fit in that case you list. I looked at the advertisement but it was not clear about how large a liquid cooling radiator it would accept. Make sure you get that clarified before ordering another water cooling system. Pick another case that will work with better cooling if necessary.

Last edited:
Yep, still have a tiny radiator in your latest link. I mentioned to grab 2x120mm (240mm). That will keep that CPU nice and cool with overclocking.

I also see that 980ti is $1,000??? What?! Its a $650 card MSRP... maybe just in the USA? But look for better pricing on one of those if it isn't a conversion (you do not have a location listed in your profile... but I see the link is from Australia).

I still see that Corsair PSU in there. No reason to buy it over the 850W EVGA Supernova G2 850W. Again, if you are only going to run one card, you can go down in wattage and save more money.

Back