• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New comp build. Looking for some input.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

utsikt

pu - Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4ghz

OS - Windows 7 64bit

HD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps

SSD - Corsair Neutron Series 128GB 2.5in SATA3 6GB/S (OS install)

MOBO - ASUS P8Z77-V Lk ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 SLI DVI HDMI DP USB3.0 Motherboard

DVD Writer - LG GH24NS72 24X SATA Internal DVD Writer Black

Ram - Corsair Vengeance Blue CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit

GPU - x2 GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB PCI-E Dual DVI HDMI Display Port.

Psu - 750w I think.

Just looking for some input, the system will just be used for gaming. It's been about 6-7 years since I have built a computer so I'm pretty far out of the loop. I came up with this stuff after doing some reading. Thanks for taking a look.

Last edited:
Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this compuer? Please be as specfic as possible.
  • What is your budget?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripheals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
    2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?
  • Do you have any specific requests with the build?
    1. Do you plan on overclocking? If yes, do you have a specific goal in mind?
    2. Would you prefer the build to be particularly small?
    3. Would you prefer the build to be particularly quiet?
    4. In general, do you prefer this to be a computer that you can spend money on now and let it rest, or a box built for continuous upgrading?
    5. Do you ever plan on utilizing NVIDIA's SLI or AMD's CrossfireX technologies? These features, with a compatible motherboard, allow a user to link multiple identical graphic cards together for added performance. In real world terms, this lets you buy a second identical graphics card down the line as a relatively cheap and easy way to gain a fairly large boost in performance. However, this requires buying a SLI/CFX compatible motherboard and PSU now, which may result in slightly higher initial cost.

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

Budget would be around $1800

I would need a copy of windows prob going to go with win 7.

This budget is just for the comp I don't need any add ons.

I live in canada and I would be ordering my stuff from NCIX and allowing them to build it. I would do it myself but I work out of town a lot and would not have the time. They charge $50 to build and stress test the system.
www.ncix.ca

I do plan on running SLI, I would like to OC the cpu nothing crazy. The comp will just be used for gaming. I am thinking to build a strong base to be able to upgrade when needed in the future. :attn:

• Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT SP1 DVD OEM
  • Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB Retail
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Direct Touch 4 Heatpipe Heatsink AM2 AM3 LGA1366 LGA1155 LGA1156 120mm
  • ASRock Z77 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1155 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 DVI HDMI USB3.0 Moth *IR-$30*
  • Patriot Viper 3 8GB 2X4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 1.5V Dual Channel Memory Kit - Black Mamba
  • Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5in SATA3 MDX Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD
  • Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Mid Tower ATX Case Black 4X5.25EXT 6X3.5INT Front Audio *IR-$10*
  • Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 7200.12 1TB SATA 32MB Cache 3.5in Internal Hard Drive OEM
  • Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCs 3GB GDDR5 Boost State DL DVI-I HDMI 2xMini DP PCI-E Vid *IR-$124* (x2)
  • XFX 650W PRO650W Core Edition Single Rail ATX 12V 53A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Bronze PSU

Comes out to $1600, not including the build fee.

Cool thanks, just a question any reason why you would take the 7950 over the gtx 660?

Back