• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New DC Pump-Danger Den DDC-12V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
smokenjoe said:
That is one of the most complete real world wright ups that I have seen. :clap:

It tests the DDC against DD4 the Eheim 1046 and 1048 The DDC come out on top except for a slight loss of flow to the DD4. They tested in a high restritive and low restritive system and measured sound on a foam pad. The most interesting this is that it was as quiet if not more quiet than the Eheims and pumped far more! They had a sound clip if you are interested. It was far quieter than the DD4. I only wish they compaired it to an Eheim 1050 which should have done better than the 1046 and 48. The charts are easy to read if nothing else. I did not understand the heat output calks but it appears from the callks that heat generated should be much less than the DD4. This article has me reexamining my decison to get a Eheim 1050.

Its not too surprising the DDC performs so well. Im sure Apple gave Liang very strict requirements. Hence why the pump will cost that much. But hey I'd use one in a blink of an eye for a small setup :D

jamesavery22 said:
Its not too surprising the DDC performs so well. Im sure Apple gave Liang very strict requirements. Hence why the pump will cost that much. But hey I'd use one in a blink of an eye for a small setup :D

Why a small setup? If this pump is better than the d4, why wouldn't it be good enough to use in a big setup? :confused:

Viper2004 said:
Why a small setup? If this pump is better than the d4, why wouldn't it be good enough to use in a big setup? :confused:

Im sure it will perform well with a semi-big setup too. But "big setup" for me is like 10 waterblocks and some huge baseboard heater :D

jamesavery22 said:
Im sure it will perform well with a semi-big setup too. But "big setup" for me is like 10 waterblocks and some huge baseboard heater :D

I doubt ANY conventional DC pump would be able to handle THAT :eek:

Nice. That looks like just the pump for me. The Mag 3 has served me well, but this is one seriously quiet, seriously powerful pump and it'll fit in my case much better than the Mag 3 too. This looks like the uber-watercooling pump. Makes me glad I use 3/8" ID tubing.

The Delphi-Laing pump is extremely quiet in the Apple G5. The aftermarket pump has the same "guts", so it should be the same. The 3/8" ID fittings are actually overkill for flow when used with a restrictive micro-channel coldplate. Since the micro-channel seems to be the coldplate trend of the future, I think this pump is a good balance of size-flow-performance.

Back