• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW F@H Team

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

I just received Maximum PCs January issue and heres what I found on page six:

I would like to invite readers to join Maximum PC Magazine's newest distributed computing team running Folding@Home. By studying the way proteins fold, Stanford University's Folding@Home project will lay the groundwork needed to cure Alzheimers, Mad Cow, ALS and Parkinson's diseases, as well as many cancers beleived to result from protein misfolding. So far, our testing reveals that the Folding@Home software has NOT attempted to install unwanted programs like some other distributed processsing clients we've seen. Remember to join Team Maximum PC (team #11108) when promted to enter your team number.

Well it's more for the cause, all I can say is that they have MAD advertising so look out here they come. I'll bet they will go under that aggregate team classification though. I think thats what it's called at least
:D CYA!

they are going to shoot up the ranks for sure. they already have a few heavy folders.

bah, no match for the power of team 32 though. besides, we don't need no stinkin' magazine to promote our team.

(best of luck to the MaximumPC folding team :D)

HMM a thought I suppose, although I'm certain that can't be cheap. I think we could do more damage right here in our own backyard. We have alot of people in the forums who do NOT fold. Myself for instance did not Fold for Hmm six months or so. Now I/we produce almost 1000 pts a week. They're has to be more of us in these forums that can do the same. I never solicited anyone in here really. I don't want to run people off,which is why we USED to have avatars that somwhat advertised the cause. The contests rock as well. Ideas on a campaign anyone?

Special price on ad space in Max PC?

Only if you own Alienware.

Nice to see them promote the cause. I know that is the important thing. However, I would be lying if I didn’t say that deep down inside, other than [H], there is no other team I would rather stomp.

Back