• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Fans (Case + Cooler)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Parvic

Registered
Hello,

this post is primarily asking on what fans you'd advice.
But at the same time asking a bit on fans positioning, and airflow / positiv/negative pressure.

Currently running 2 case fans:
Back: 120mm - CM690iiAdv Stock (120 mm fan x 1 / 1200 RPM / 17 dBA)
Front: 140mm - CM690iiAdv Stock (140 x 25 mm Blue LED fan x 1 / 1200 RPM / 19 dBA)

And 2 fans on the H100(pull):
Top: 120 - H100 Stock (120x25mm 1300-2600rpm, 46-96FCM, 22-39dBA)

I've got the H100 running at low, otherwise i find it way too noisy, but even at low i'd wish it would be more silent.
It's probably a mix of the H100 fans and the casefans combined.

So im looking at new fans, to suit my needs. Currently im considering going with the Cougar fans.and perhaps some GT for casefans.

I just want what everybody else do, Dead silent fans that outperforms all others. :clap:

Iv've attached a pic showing my current airflow.
Im not sure how, but i would like to get a positive pressure, without having to move the H100 to the bottom of the case. As i fear a bottom intake would accumulate even more dust.

At the same time, i'd like to hear where ppl from Scsandinavia/Northern Europe orders fans from?
-as im located in Denmark, the selection of suppliers is very limited and freakin expensive.

So generally im looking for lots of advice :shock:

Attachments

• af.JPG
    af.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 64
Id personally use either Noiseblocker or Noctua fans if you can get your hands on them.

Just swapped my Fractal fans for three 120 mm Noiseblocker PWMs and am quite happy. Noctuas are also very nice in terms of performance, but I can't get by that color scheme. :D

I'd go with some 38mms for the radiator (Delta PFC, San Ace, Nidec BetaV...) and with Yate Loon lows for the case. Maybe a Yate Loon high for the intake.

Back