• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Gaming Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
I was researching the Logitech G602 for someone when i stumbled across this:

Just an fyi in case anybody is in the market, they may wanna wait at least until we see what this is exactly.....

Pretty cool looking, yep those are definitely the weights for customizing weight (I always remove them /shrug).

Might be interesting, might not be. I can't say for certain until they actually release an actual pic, but it looks like it might have a similar problem to my Razer Tron mouse that I use as a backup. Kind of jagged, so it's not exactly "comfy" to use for extended periods.

Logitech=50%marketing+40%styling+9%form+1%funtionality

Hey now, most of their stuff is pretty good. THe past few mice I've owned - a G5, MX518, and currently a G500 - have been some of the best mice I've owned in terms of quality, functionality, and form. At least compared to the Razer mice I've used.

They just do what most companies do and gear a lot of their higher end gaming stuff towards the "ZOMG it has to be black and shiny and SO HARDCORE!" teenage demographic.

I still cannot find anything to replace my Logitech G9 all the ones I've tried are too big. I am more of a claw/finger tip grip player. That one looks sweet but it's too big for my liking.

Hey now, most of their stuff is pretty good. THe past few mice I've owned - a G5, MX518, and currently a G500 - have been some of the best mice I've owned in terms of quality, functionality, and form. At least compared to the Razer mice I've used.

They just do what most companies do and gear a lot of their higher end gaming stuff towards the "ZOMG it has to be black and shiny and SO HARDCORE!" teenage demographic.

Lol. I know. It's only somewhat true. Actually just replaced my MX mouse with a razer.

And for a second I thought that was a fancy car commercial.

Nice looking mouse. Wonder what the MSRP is.

32bit processor? For a mouse? I guess there's some math involved in tracking, but enough where they consider that a selling point?

What's next? "Oh yeah, my keyboard has a 64bit processor, 8GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD. It's got a 1080p screen and enough GPU power that it can drive crysis at medium settings!" :attn:

Probably for easier programming of macros actually.

Even though I replaced it with a Perixx MX-3000 for gaming at home, I couldn't bring myself to abandon my G9 so it's now plugged into my PC at work :)

It would help because you could store the macro on the mouse instead of on the computer :)

Ok now I'm lost. So a 32bit microprocessor lets you store macros to the mouse? That just seems like it'd be covered by the onboard saved profiles and have nothing to do with the microprocessor :shrug:

Or do you just mean the macros are processed by the mouse directly, as opposed to just being sent to the host PC and then processed by Logitechs software? Because that would make more sense.

Ok now I'm lost. So a 32bit microprocessor lets you store macros to the mouse? That just seems like it'd be covered by the onboard saved profiles and have nothing to do with the microprocessor :shrug:

Or do you just mean the macros are processed by the mouse directly, as opposed to just being sent to the host PC and then processed by Logitechs software? Because that would make more sense.

Right now any macros are interpreted by the driver.
If it was 32-bit like the computers it could send the commands without driver interpretation if implemented correctly.

Back