• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New HP laptop running 94c according to TAT!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mrr.guy

Well as a couple of you know, i just got this beast.
I love it, only problem is its running 94c as i type, according to TAT. 76c from speedfan (which i understand tat is more correct)
This is crazy, i cant play css without it bugging at me, or when i tried to run the tat stress test, my laptop actually crashed. This is brand new, i want to return it. But i have XP installed..

I bought an antec laptop cooler, but it sucks air away, not feed air to it.

What should i do?! Any suggestions?

Edit-It wasnt like this a few days ago. I have checked bios to see if i had changed anything and i have not (also no temperature/fan settings availible)
No fans show up under speedfan, should i check for a new bios?

Last edited:
OMFreaking Jesus! I opened up the ospm settings (wth are these?) and set the dynamic throttle to constant and max thermal config, it dropped my temps to 70c! Whats making my fans slow down so much?
And isnt this still kindof warm when just browsing around?

**Another update. I did system restore to when my temps were ok, and used TAT with the dyn. throttle constant and max thermal cfg again, successfully with 59c* Per core as im typing this! so happy! Is this still normal now though?
Ahh, new update. After playing cs i hover around 85c still.

Last edited:
what model laptop is this? Is it brand-new from the factory or did you buy it used? Do all the fans work?

Maybe the heatsink on the chip got knocked loose during shipment. You can probably google the model number and see if anyone is having the similar issues. You could also look to see if any of theses laptops have died with heat related symptoms.

I'm not really sure why a system restore would change you temps unless it got rid of something that was using extra cpu cycles.

the adam said:
what model laptop is this? Is it brand-new from the factory or did you buy it used? Do all the fans work?

Maybe the heatsink on the chip got knocked loose during shipment. You can probably google the model number and see if anyone is having the similar issues. You could also look to see if any of theses laptops have died with heat related symptoms.

I'm not really sure why a system restore would change you temps unless it got rid of something that was using extra cpu cycles.

A virus would do that. And yes... what's your model number?

Core Temp shows my laptop at a constant 65c and I've got the damned thing wrapped in a blanket. So there's NO WAY you should be hitting 94c. Return it immediately to the store if you just got it. Or if it's over the store limit send it to HP. They're pretty good with their RMAs.

Was from a store.
an HP pavillion dv9330us. But it seemed fine before, i could surf itnernet etc around 60c..now its hitting 90s in games. I restored because i thought maybe a program id tryed messed with my fans. If i jsut browse the net i hit an avg of 70. 65 or so with TAT and ospm settings to max thermal cfg and constant dynamic throttle.

I WANT to return it, but i have already installed XP and a bunch of stuff, think CompUSA will still take it?
It will actually crash around 96c when both cores ran on TAT stress testing.

Should i try using some AS5?

Oh, and my old macbook (which im selling) idles arund 40 browsing internet, etc. Miss that

mine runs at about 28*C when the fan is on, but the fan shuts off after a bit and the temp goes up to 55*C then the fan comes back on. Its some thermal management or something.

Dang...Alright ill check my warrenty.
BUTT do you think theyll stil take it after i installed XP?

Or i can jsut send it to HP

Mrr.guy said:
Dang...Alright ill check my warrenty.
BUTT do you think theyll stil take it after i installed XP?

Or i can jsut send it to HP

Why don't you just TRY to take it back? Worse comes to worse they'll just say no.

I did just today. They gave me an exchange but i cant return this one no matter what. The thing that makles me mad is the charger isnt working. Once this battery goes dead im F'ed.
Also i now idle about 50c, 55c as i type this. Better

Is the actual charger not working or is the connection in the back loose? If its just the charger and the store won't give you a new one you could try calling hp customer service and have them send you a new power adapter.

This usually requires you to plug the stupid thing into a bunch of different sockets (which i don't do if I know the thing is broken :p). After they are satisfied that it is broken they will send you a new one for about $50 and then have you return your broken one to them. After they receive the broken one they will refund the money you paid for the new one.

If hp doesn't let you exchange it then you can buy a cheap power adapter off ebay.

Doesn't matter what OS Is on it. they have to accept it during the 30 days... no conditions asked... you can leave no OS on it. what is Speedfans non Core temperture.... it should be read temp2 or temp1... screen shot accually...

Send it back asap imo, Look at Slickdeals.net for better laptop deals.

Back