• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MooT

Registered
I just got a 700e FC-PGA and a pep66 cooler and I was lookin for a new mobo I was thinking aabout the Abit SA6R/SH6 of the ASUS CUSL2 I wanna know what the best board is for O'Cing is right now, I dont have to much time research for myself,(got a month old son) any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks

I aslo got 2 sticks of Kingmax pc150, Leadtek TNT2 Ultra, ibm 15Gig ATA-100 HD, Realtek NIC, SCSI CDR, and an ABIT VT6X4 right now.

Mo0T

mysteron (Dec 20, 2000 04:44 p.m.):
poss 2 choice asus p3v4x or abit be6-2

Both are good. Both boards will kick serious boo-tay. The P3V4X is a solid non-Intel chipset board and the BE6-II's tried-and-true 440BX chipset has a well-documented history.

However, the P3V4X is not a newbie-friendly board (read: it needs a lot of hardcore tweaking to reach its full potential), and the BE6-II may give you IRQ problems if you have more than three PCI cards to install and intend to use the UltraATA-66/100 (depending on the board revision) controller.

I've had both boards and am using a P3V4X now. I'm debating getting a CUSL2 myself.

oO

Back