• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mushkin Level2 V2!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's my mushkie experience: Although I have the legendary BH5, my 3500 does 226 with 3.0 vdimm, in comparison, my OCZ Plat ltd (bh5 too) needs 3.2 vdimm. One of my mushkie sticks went bad back in January. I called mushkin, got an rma number, mailed my stick out to Colorado, 10 days later, brand new 512 stick of BH5. All I paid for was shipping. Their tech support is top notch, bar none. My OCZ is sitting in a drawer until I swap it into my amd rig. My mushkin's been running 8 months with 3.0 vdimm, 2-2-2-5 at 226. Love Mushkin.

Will I still get the legendary Mushkin support if I buy it from Newegg and not directly from Mushkins site? Thinking about getting a 1GB Dual pack Level 1 pretty soon.

gingo said:
Will I still get the legendary Mushkin support if I buy it from Newegg and not directly from Mushkins site? Thinking about getting a 1GB Dual pack Level 1 pretty soon.
i don't even think its at newegg yet

Funny, I got mine from Newegg. Never sent them a receipt. I guess having sent the actual stick of ram was proof enough.

Not to sound rude, but to me $300+ for a gig of DDR400 is pricy no matter what it is. (other than BH5 of course) Maybe I've been out of the memory world for too long, but last time I checked, just about any stick will do 200mhz with tight timings with enough voltage. I personally would prefer to spend my money on OCZ EB. But from what some people seem to be saying, it's getting hard to find. I really have been away from here far to long. (only 2 weeks I swear :-/)

Well the nice thing about these new Samsung TCCD's is that they'll do 200fsb with 2-2-2-5 timings OR 250fsb with 2.5-3-3-7 timings on default voltage (see my sig). These don't respond to high voltage nearly as well as BH-5/6 though, so don't think you'll get 250fsb with 2-2-2-5 timings because it probably won't happen.

Back