• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new PC build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

integralD

Hi

Im going to build a new PC after the new windows release as my current is 6 year old (still running fine though). I did some research now (might change as new stuff is maybe going to come out) and came up with this list:
PC is used for gaming mostly (and some other stuff like mathematica etc.).

Intel Core i7 4790K BOX (LGA 1150, 4GHz, Unlocked)
AsRock Z97 Extreme6 (LGA 1150, Z97, ATX)
Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X OC (4GB)
Samsung sm951 (MZVPV256HDGL)
G.Skill TridentX 2x4GB Kit, DDR3-2400
Cooler Master Hyper 612 Ver.2 (127cm)
be quiet! Pure Power CM L8 (630W)
Fractal Define R5 Black

Now I'm really unsure about the case (as it is quite, is it cool enough (maybe the sm951 is quite hot?)?), the the power adapter (is it a quite one? is it powerfull enough?) and the CPU cooler (is it a good one?).
Minor question about the memory, does 2400 make a difference? I just chose this one as it was the cheapest, it looks damn ugly though XD. What about the CPU choice?

Thanks for your help!

You'll be better off asking this when you're ready to build instead of months in advance.
Parts are ever changing, there should be new GPUs out by then at the very least.

Back