• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Setup - Windows 7 Installation Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Djspinister

RIG SPECS:

1200w PC P&C Modular Platinum

EVGA X79 Dark Mobo

i7 3930k CPU

4 x 500GB Raptors

2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's

2 x 3 TB WD Red NAS drives

1 x ASUS BR Burner

1 x Corsair 32GB 4x8GB Memory Kit

1 x MSI 7970 Lightning Graphics card

Ok so now that you know all that here goes. After defective CPU's, memory issues and the like I have ended up here and am very frustrated. I had Windows 7 Ultimate already installed at one point on a single SSD. The end result is suppose to be Raptors in RAID 5 and each SSD by itself, as well as the 3 TB drives. Again after I installed windows, updated everything, installed all the main programs, even getting to this point took the better part of two days getting things replaced over a holiday weekend.

I tried setting up the RAID 5 on the Marvell controller with no success. It would only do 0-1-10. So I moved the Raptors to the Intell controller and set it up no problem, although that messed up my Windows install, at the time I didn't have a problem with it because to be honest the install was super fast and the RAID was more important. Got the Raid setup and then tried to install Windows 7. I have two ways of doing so, either my Patriot Flash Drive or I have an actual Windows 7 Home Premium Disk.

1st if I load the disk it loads Windows like it should but it goes straight to the "Load Driver" screen and wants me to insert a disk. No matter what drivers I install it still does not see any drive!! No SSD, no Raptors, no NAS drives, I have tried each one, one by one and on different controllers all by themselves.

2nd if I try to load it from my USB drive it goes straight to Windows Boot Manager screen, tells me it cant read from the config data.

Important to note, I have two of everything except the drives, meaning Mobo, CPU, Memory, and I have changed each one out one by one and it is the exact same!

Any ideas? Thanks either way in advance!

Try disconnecting the RAID 5 drives (leave Raid enabled) and installing windows on the SSD. Then once functional, reconnect the RAID drives.

The raid controller will complain, but all should be fine. I need to do this on my x58 board.

Thanks for all the replies people! I guess I forgot to mention I was only booting with the absolute minimum. 1 stick of RAM, 1 drive, and all that jazz. I have also been working with EVGA tech support and to be quite honest I'm not sure what happened.

They gave me some new drivers, I installed those which didn't seem to work at first. I was taking pictures of both of my error screens o show you guys on here, and I rebooted to take a picture of the 2nd error screen I was getting and bam right into my old Windows installation that was completely updated. It just had to install drivers and a quick reboot and it was golden.

Again, I don't fully understand how it fixed itself or what I did to fix it if anything, I wish I could say for certain what it was but I'm just not sure. Just a small 13 hour hiccup lmao! I appreciate all the help!

~DJ Spinister

Back