• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system, noobie 1-2k budget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poker

Hi guys, I will be building a new system and I'm outdated, need help plz.

Budget : Around 1-2k, I hate having to spend 2k on something thats worth 1.5k the next day but If i have to go to 2k I will.

Usage: Postgresql databases, Pokertracker 4,Gaming ( crysis, farcry,sc2,hon),a lot of net surfing(usually 2-3 browsers with 15 tabs eachs), Dual monitors,watching streams

http://www.pokertracker.com/faq/PT4#Minimum_Requirements

Store: Any canadian retailer

Custom: I want my build to be very quiet, quiet enough so I can sleep with it running at night in my bedroom

Comments: Can you guys suggest me both amd and intel builds if possible please ?

I want to overclock too.

Thank you so much.

Need an operating system/keyboard/mouse/monitor? Plan on ever upgrading to dual cards?

sry forgot that.

Yes I need an O/S, don't need keyboard/mouse/monitor.

No I don't plan to add another card.

ty very much

bump ? I've been lurking here for quite a while thought it was a good community was wrong.

Okay, have a nice day! When it's free help not much you can do.

We have builds in this forums from Canadian folks that are just like yours. And many ones just like your needs in the USA. Take a look through some of the threads, you'll come up with answers pretty fast.

Yeah, patience. A lot of us are only on in the afternoon/evening anyway. I'm putting together a build right now.

Back