• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to GAMING PC'S - Need help deciding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Weaponz

So I don't have that big of a budget but I want the best for my money,

this is two deals I can get at the moment, the first one is pre-built and the second is just parts.

WITH SHIPPING = $674 CAD

Specs:

BLUETOOTH: None
CAS: Raidmax Viper Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ 1x USB 3.0 Port & Side Window Panel [-4] (Black Color)
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: AMD FX-8120 3.10 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology [+14]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) [+0] (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_MB: FREE! 802.11N Dual Band Wireless + Bluetooth 4.0 Expansion Card [+0]
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
IEEE_CARD: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Chipset Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ Touch Bios, Ultra Durable 2, On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready [+0]
RUSH: No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Date 10 Business Days
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+14] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

The second one (parts) is:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($195.90 @ TigerDirect Canada)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Canada Computers)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Memory Express)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($209.99 @ Memory Express)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Canada Computers)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($51.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $685.83
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Id the 1st one a Cyberpower pc? If it was for gaming I'd go with the second one. The Radeon 7870 is a better GPU then the GTX 650.
EDIT: I put something else together for you from newegg.ca 646.93-55 in MIR.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    26.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 1a.PNG
    1a.PNG
    45.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    1.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
The second one for sure the 200r is a much nicer case and the 7870 is a much more powerful card

Id the 1st one a Cyberpower pc? If it was for gaming I'd go with the second one. The Radeon 7870 is a better GPU then the GTX 650.
EDIT: I put something else together for you from newegg.ca 646.93-55 in MIR.

So this would be a decently powerful computer and everything required to built it is in the picture?

I'm new and haven't ever built one before, do all parts include their own screws?

Also, yes the first one is a cyberpowerPC

ALSO, what about the hard drive, cooling, etc?

Yes everything you need is there Except I forgot to put in a hard drive. You can just choose the one you had from amazon Canada in the 2nd build. If you are not planning on overclocking the stock heatsink will work fine. The case comes with 2 fans pre-installed and all the screws and mounting hardware will come with the parts. If you can find the parts cheaper in other website buy them there. Also I find the looks of a case are personal choice so if you decide to look for a different case do so, it's your pc. Just post a list of what you come up with before you purchase it. My point of the list was to show you what I would build for that budget. For gaming most of the time, the GPU is more important the the processor. The 7870 is a really good card for the money.

Back