• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg and scalping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
$3100 for 3rd party 5900x @ Newegg. I think I am really going to reevaluate if and what I will purchase from Newegg in the future. Allowing partners to post that up is ludicrous.

View attachment 212856

They have definitely taken me from try to give Newegg my business since they were my main go to for over a decade to only buying from them if they have a clear advantage over a competitor.

And there is NO WAY I can recommend someone new to PC building to their site. I would be mortified if a friend or family went there and bought something like this thinking that since I sent them there that it must be good.

Same with a Radeon RX 580 that's pricier than a Radeon RX 5700XT at MSRP! I saw that most recently! :shock:

(They don't pull the wool over my eyes and get away with it!)

Chance of me banhammering Newegg for that stunt! :rofl:

*Update*

Ridiculousness! I just saw an RX 580 for a whopping $700!

Last edited:
I have been a Newegg fan for years. I started off with my first computer build using Tigerdirect in High School. In college I matured and found Newegg.com. I fell in love. They had great products, easy website, great customer service. I proposed and got married to them for my next 3 computer builds. Well my FX-8350 was starting to get long in the tooth and I have been bored during this pandemic in my home. So I started to look for PC parts. Let me just say.... I got a divorce from Newegg. I was so lucky they gave me a new GPU (MSI 3090) for only $2100. I was PISSED and EXCITED at the same time. Its a great card but not 2k worth. Every other part came from Micro Center. I have never bought from them before but I will in the future.

I wanted a 5000 Ryzen for the build but couldn't find them unless they were scalped. I broke down and ordered a 3900x from Micro Center along with my Asus x570 board. Granted the closest Micro Center was 1.5 hour drive away from me. Got a call 15 minutes later saying they had all my parts ready for pick up except the 3900x. Their website messed up and stated they had it in stock but in reality they didn't. Instead they did have a 5900x that I could substitute the order with. I immediately said yes. I didn't ask the cost I didn't care at this point. I drive 2 hours during a snow storm. Get my stuff and head for the check out line. They gave me the 5900x for the price of the 3900x because of their error when I did my pre-order. Now that is a business. I didn't even ask, they just did it. So long story short I will not do business with the Amazon/Newegg scalpers platform any longer.

Back