• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg RMA inspector damged

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ernieo

Newegg is at it again. I returned a new, unused motherboard expecting a refund. Well today I received an e-mail claiming the board was damaged, pin damaged. BS, an excuse to deny my refund after foolishly spending $2,600 on parts for a new build. Never again will I deal with these thieves

Idk bro I just swapped my motherboard out and everything went fine. They even let me rma a day after the 30 day return period was up and still gave me a free shipping label.

Ernieo, try their chat to see what they can do. They are usually very helpful. Remember to be calm and patient.

Agreed that it is likely a "post a run" scenario, but I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think that's a bit over the top Pinky.

Definitely try the live chat OP. I had a laptop RMA'ed because of a stuck pixel upon receipt and it went quite flawlessly.

I think that's a bit over the top Pinky.

Definitely try the live chat OP. I had a laptop RMA'ed because of a stuck pixel upon receipt and it went quite flawlessly.

Not really, companies do pay people to go online and give bad reviews about competing companies/products/video games and what have you.

Well, what bothers me most about the assertion is that this person signed up back in February. If they sign up the same they they make a post like this, you guys might be on to something. Signing up five months prior just to post something relatively innocuous half a year down the road doesn't exactly fit the stereotype.

That said, I'm starting to lean more toward a post-and-run at the least and your guys' scenario at the worst considering the OP has yet to return.

For all the flak newegg has been getting lately, my last order with them was flawless. Even in the past when I wanted to return a motherboard, they were awesome about it and I never had any problems. I still consider newegg to be a reputable dealer and I buy from them without hesitating (if they have the best price).

They have started putting more packing material in their boxes again, for a bit there they were getting really cheap.

lol yea i dont think ive gottan anything in the last two years that has came with anything but some brown paper padding it but nothing broke so far:thup:

Love Newegg! I have never had any issues buying/returning anything! Just bought a Vertex 4 last night from them receiving it tomorrow. :)

images

Back