• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
petteyG with the money you spend on 4 Noctuas you could get about 12 backs of these and as the crappy sleeve bearings wear out replace them and they'd still last longer. They wont be as silent or even push as much air. but for a case fan they're fin IMO. Plus they look much much better. (Yes I know Noctua came out with nicer looking fans too)

petteyG with the money you spend on 4 Noctuas you could get about 12 backs of these and as the crappy sleeve bearings wear out replace them and they'd still last longer. They wont be as silent or even push as much air. but for a case fan they're fin IMO. Plus they look much much better. (Yes I know Noctua came out with nicer looking fans too)

No, actually. A fluid bearing is going to last 3-10 times longer, and the higher the temperature, the better the ratio gets. The better static pressure is a benefit for everything. Then there's the sleeve-bearings-are-vertical-only thing, which doesn't help for top exhaust fans, or fans on third-party GPU coolers. Cheap fans are good for looks, and not much else.

Im using 6 of them right now, they are all fine for me *shrug*. Rather quiet as well, Im not sure what the problem is lol.

Eww... sleeve bearing. You get your money's worth with fans. Punch your wallet in the gut and get some Noctuas :)

Might not be too bad to have just in case a fan starts to go and you need a spare or two while waiting for a more permanent replacement. I'm sure there are at least a few people that don't want to drop $75-$100 just on fans every time they build a new computer just swapping out the stock case fans. I know I'm one of them :D

Might not be too bad to have just in case a fan starts to go and you need a spare or two while waiting for a more permanent replacement. I'm sure there are at least a few people that don't want to drop $75-$100 just on fans every time they build a new computer just swapping out the stock case fans. I know I'm one of them :D

Yeah, they work just fine. If they last 1 year instead of 3... oh well? lol

I have CM fans that have been running for 4 years now and still going. For arguments sake let's say they die tomorrow. 3-10 years? Your suggesting they will last 12-40 years. Not likely. Even if they did. The 12 sets of CM would still last longer. You are right on the static pressure. I'm not recommending these fans for rads or heatsinks. But for case fans, they good enough. You don't need static pressure for case fans. If you do, you need a newer case. Lol

It's a normal Sunday sale... We know it is going to happen and expect it, I don't see the problem.

Those small kingstons are fine for boot drives, still a huge improvement over a mechanical. Unfortunately not good for much else. Somewhere on this forum I posted AS SSD benchmarks comparing the SSDNOW to my crucial M500, and the difference in speed is staggering.

Found it

Those small kingstons are fine for boot drives, still a huge improvement over a mechanical. Unfortunately not good for much else. Somewhere on this forum I posted AS SSD benchmarks comparing the SSDNOW to my crucial M500, and the difference in speed is staggering.

Found it

Kingston v300 is about the worst you can get.

I picked up a sandisk ultra II 120GB to enable intel SRT on my desktop for about $52 from amazon about a month ago.

No one should ever buy the kingston drive, better to just keep your eye out for a deal on Crucial M500/mx-100, Samsung EVO, or Sandisk drive. Those three brands produce quality and the crucial and sandisk drives frequently go on sale.

Back