• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[NEWS] Browser Speed Comparisons - Opera fastest - Not firefox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JerMe said:
I like simplicity from a browser. I tried Opera for a while, but moved over to firefox after a few weeks. The only thing I miss is clicking on the far left of a maximed window in Opera, thus enabling/disabling the sidebar. In FF I have to ctrl-B (unless I'm missing something.)

I haven't tried Mozilla, but wouldn't Mozilla be a closer comparison to Opera than FF is, featurewise?

yes i would thinkso mozilla is the full bloated version - firefox is a lean trimmed down, not extra crap version.

Studies are subject to inconsistencies and errors. Hypotheticals and actuals plague the performance world and the only real indicator of performance is opinion.

^^^ well yes and no, many tests can be run that are consistent and truthful in the results presented.

I used to use opera quite a bit. Gave it up and went with IE for a long time before chaning over to firefox. IE is the fastest of all three, in startup time and rendering speed. There are a few sites specifically that I have to wait an extra couple seconds for firefox to load over IE. It's not a big deal though, 2 seconds dosen't bother me. I still like firefox over IE.

Dayton

^^^ true - for me fifox just owns - good old tab'd browsing, nice having about 15-30 tabs open - especially here - i go to a secion "rhight click open in new tab" and when i am done opening all the threads i want to see, go back and start reading - i one had Firefox using 169mb of ram!!!!! i had so many tabs open and 2 instances of FireFox going.

Back