• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next Build: Lan Destroyer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChinStrap

It's time the Tech station took a break. My next build (this weekend) is going to be a very mobile SFF that I will be able to take to the (at least) 4 planned LAN’s I have later in July and august.

I’ll have to do a little case modification to get everything to fit, but there’s nothing the dermal can’t cut. It’s going to have a green light theme. I’m very pumped.

Some of this stuff I have currently and the rest I’ll be getting tomorrow in the mail.

Case (tomorrow)
CPU (Have)
Cooler (tomorrow)
MotherBoard (tomorrow)
Ram (Have)
GPU (Have) - Filler card till i move to GTX 280 or 9800GX2
PSU (Have)

I'll post up some picks on sunday when i have some time to play around with this stuff. it's going to be nice to be able to carry my PC around with me again. :)

How in the hell are you going to fit an 8800gts or a 9800gx2 in that thing?

edit: guess Ill just have to wait and see

Hope that Newegg link for the ram is just a reference to it's specs because $149 is ridiculously overpriced.

Can't wait to see the build tho.

nope, it was the Qpack or an ultra microfly. i needed the space over the motherboard. in the lanbox the PSU was not in a very heatsink friendly spot

well, i'll be testing everything to make sure it works...

still missing the cooler. i hope it gets here tomorrow or monday.

i know it's been a while since i have updated this...

i'm running into major space issues. my old cd/dvd rom/HDD setup does not fit. i have a fast swap drive bay and it's like a mile long. PSU + drive bay = 2 inchs too long.

so i'm looking into way i can make everything fit.

got everything on the tech station this week.

i must say, the cnps7700cu does a better job then i thought it would.

100% fanspeed hardmod prime stable 4 hours * so far* @ 60*C. both cores jump between 59*-60*. 4005MHz @ 1.375 vcore.

rig.jpg

(crappy pic)

ben the ram cooler is the corsair cooler. i stripped the stickers off and replaced the fans with some higher cfm units.

hitbox, i have a qpack 1 that im going to be moving everything into as soon as i can get some free time. i'll only have to make a small cut in the dvd/cd rom drive bay bracket so i can fit the power plugs on the 9800gx2 or gtx280 i end up getting for my next gpu. for the time being though i'm gonna leave it on the tech station for a little more testing. right now i'm sitting at 4005MHz @ 1.375 vcore with my e8400. thats the perfect number i wanted :)

one thing that does have me kinda erked about the p5e-vm hdmi though is the ram timing options. 4-4-4-X whatever the X is only goes down to 9 and my pc8000 g.skill HZ's are stock 4-4-4-5. they wont even run on this board. looks like i'll be selling them :(

i'm running the pc6400 HZ's @ a little under 900MHz 4-4-4-12 on stock voltage :)

using the 9x multi with 445fsb with a 1:1 ratio with the ram - nice and snappy.

o. also - i ran prime error free for a little under 8 hours last night. highest test i saw was 64*C

little warm, but i'm happy with how the cnps 7700cu is holding up. i was looking into it a little last night and i can actually replace the fan on the cooler with a higher cfm unit. i have a couple silverstone 110cfm units chilling, so i might replace the fan with on of those. get a little better airflow.

with that 7700 hardmodded to 100% fanspeed duty cycle - I’m very impressed with the amount of air it dumps on the area immediately around the cpu socket. It keeps a lot of air moving over the northbridge and power distribution area of the p5e-vm hdmi. That’s something my true didn’t do, espe with fans set up in push/pull. Kind of an added bonus I guess.

looks like it's going to be a few more days yet before i move all the equp into the qpack. i just placed an order for an 9800gx2 :)

Back