• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nibitor, editing GPU bios, changes not taking effect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
I've edited and flashed the bios on my 8400 modded by bobnova, however the increased clock speeds are not taking effect.

When I open the bios in nibitor, this is what the screen looks like:

nibitor.png

Changing those has no effect, still boots at the default 540Mhz core frequency. Afterburner maxes out at 700Mhz, so I'm trying to increase the starting frequency so afterburner will take me further.

Tips? First time benching a nvidia card, and editing the bios.

Theres a way to increase max clocks in riva. It gets a little squirly because it adds like 10k to the bar, so be careful.

"Rivatuner \Overclocking \Global". Right click on "MaxClockLimit"

Also check the clock changes in something like gpuz. I noticed it not apply the settings if I jumped too far ahead of the max. Had to increase like 20 at a time.

If RivaTuner doesn't work, can you try nVidiaInspector? I've always had success in getting the cards clocks higher but hitting "Unlock Max" after flashing GPUs.

Just my .02cents.

Back