• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no pagefile for xp with 256mb of ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so if i disable acpi, and apm would be pc turn off regular still?

Yea, basically, unless by some means APM can't be enabled. Your best bet is to disable ACPI in the bios when you reinstall windows. You can install APM after you disable ACPI, but sometimes XP acts weird about that.

satan said:

Yea, basically, unless by some means APM can't be enabled. Your best bet is to disable ACPI in the bios when you reinstall windows. You can install APM after you disable ACPI, but sometimes XP acts weird about that.

ok so i should disable acpi now, and keep apm enabled? then reinstall XP on my new hdd, and i should be ok?

Dissolved said:

ok so i should disable acpi now, and keep apm enabled? then reinstall XP on my new hdd, and i should be ok?

Yea, try it. Tell us about your stabilty after. If you need help on this ask, I'm went\going through the same thing.

Back