• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Noctua Launches NA-FH1 Eight Channel PWM Fan Hub

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Noctua-Cropped-scaled.jpg
Noctua has just launched the NA-FH1 eight-channel PWM fan hub. Unlike most fan hubs, the NA-FH1 features circuitry designed to provide a more accurate readout while protecting against overcurrent. The hub works with 4-pin PWN and 3-pin voltage-controlled connectors and has a maximum output of 54 Watts when powered by SATA. The Noctua NA-FH1 PWM fan hub is available on Amazon for $34.90.
Click here to read more!

Just out of curiosity, when it lists "up to 54w off a SATA power connector", is it hard limited to just under 7w per port, or can you hook up 4 fans that pull a full amp each?

Good question. I'm not sure of the specifics for this one but I know 54W is the cap for SATA power. I think it's sage to assume it's sage to pull 1A from each connector as that's what MBs do too.

Really this could be a fun experiment. Just someone slamming on the thing.

Like I trust Noctua enough that I'd put an amp through one of their controllers, I'd just want it tested first.

It does list that it has overcurrent protections so I would guess the fans would throttle, either completely off or limited power.

Back