• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua NH-U14S in Cooler Master Elite 430

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yankler

Hi.

So I bought a new cooler knowing that it would be hard to fit it into my current case - a cooler master elite 430 - because I want to upgrade my case in the near future anyways and I did not want to settle for a less efficient cooler. But my question is...
According to the manufacturer the max CPU cooler height supported is 163mm whereas the Noctua NH-U14S measures 165mm. But now that I have my new CPU cooler next to the case, it does look like it'll be able to fit - but I'm not sure. Has anyone tried fitting the cooler into that case or a similar one?

Thanks

Hi.

So I bought a new cooler knowing that it would be hard to fit it into my current case - a cooler master elite 430 - because I want to upgrade my case in the near future anyways and I did not want to settle for a less efficient cooler. But my question is...
According to the manufacturer the max CPU cooler height supported is 163mm whereas the Noctua NH-U14S measures 165mm. But now that I have my new CPU cooler next to the case, it does look like it'll be able to fit - but I'm not sure. Has anyone tried fitting the cooler into that case or a similar one?

Thanks

Yankier, take a few minutes and just install it and find out firsthand.

You're right. The thing is I am kind of a newb, so I would knowing beforehand..

- - - Updated - - -

and I would have to take the MB out aswell because the case doesn't allow me to mount the cooler backplate

I had a case that was too narrow for the cooler I bought one time some years ago. I took a saber saw and cut a hole out of the side panel. Then I attached a metal pie pan to the side panel to cover the hole. I attached the pan to the side panel with black silicon adhesive and then painted the whole thing black with a rattle can to make it match the rest of the case. Worked like a charm and didn't look too ghetto.

I doubt there will be clearance enough to be able to slide your side panel past the top of the cooler and you need to be careful that in trying to force it you either damage the cooler or the motherboard socket.

Back