• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Notebook with various issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Been using my notebook which now has recently started acting funny doing things such as;

After hibernation the clock is out of sync
Taskbar doesn't load all the icons properly
Skype won't load claiming I have disabled an addon, also sometimes says the sound card isn't working when it actually is.

Could this be a result of over heating or something way worse?

Cheers,

Bandit.

I would do an OS reinstall and save yourself a lot of time troubleshooting. What OS does it have on it? Is the OEM OS or is it upgraded?

What you describe can be caused by a number of things, including infections. I would do an OS reinstall and go from there. That should eliminate infections and fix broken system files.

It can be last win10 updates. On my laptop at work hibernation is turned off but it still tries to enter sleep/hibernation modes and later randomly runs fine or restarts OS or throws blue screen. It started about 3 weeks ago. Not big help but wanted to add what I've noticed in last weeks.

Back