• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia bios vault? think i messed somthing heh.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

So i got it in my head to start messing around with nvflash, and the bios editor to see if ic ould get my card to perform any better with reduced/tighter clock speeds.
well.. bad idea. my card works all fine and well for my games, but it wont run ati tool properly anymore, and it wont run 3dmark.. strange. it finishes the first test in 05 np, but dies horribly running test 2. just.. 0fps, chunks ect.

so i got it in my head, np, i backed up the old bios with nvflash and that should have fixed the issue, reflashing to stock i mean. .well. not so much.
3dmark still buggered and ati toolc rashes when you do anything but scan for artifacts, even clicking on settings kills it.

So yea.. i broke it. im not gonna be dodgy abou that, just curious if anyone out there knows of a good nvidia bios site with a lot of the more recent bios images that will workw tih my evga 7900gs.

Also, if any of you guys who have the same card i do could do a bios dump for me, id love you.
I need the bios for the non ko version of the card.
I used the ultimate boot cd to boot to dos to do this.. did i do it wrong?

I'll look around for you.

Not much luck.If you want my bios i have to find it on my server.If i can't find it i can get it from my friend when he gets home from school.He has the same card but ko version.Whats the difference between the ko and the non ko version?

Last edited:
I dont think there is a physical difference between the cards, but when you get yours, we can do some photo comparisons if you want. i need to pull mine and pluck one of the ramchips to see what kind it is so i can figure out what the memory is capable of <_<.

The bios from the KO should work, the only difference between the cards being the clock speed. shouldnt kill mine as mine... quite easily runs at ko clock.
Thanks for that link. downloaded all the bio's from there and ill try them one at a time.

downloaded all the bios images. ended up running rev 3 of the ko bios's. wouldnt take it at first but a simple change to the device id in the bios editor made them match so it worked. 3dmark runs but ati tool is still buggered =(.

Ok phew. seems that ati tool breaks it. so if i dont run ati tool at all, i can oc with rivatuner and it finishes 3dmark.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2677341

running the GSKO rev 3 bios. might hack it to startup at higher stock clocks, but that is how i got into this mess to begin with ah ha. thanks for the link.

Back