• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Changing Names To Current Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
haha what a joke, even Nvidia fanboys would have trouble defending these moves.

But they wont defend the moves they will attack something else to distract you. Thats the definition of fanboy.

As for aligning all the current products.. it could be a good thing?

Annoying for those of us used to something else (kinda like Vista) but for those new.. its just much simpler and easier ? maybe?

Oh, the GTX 260 then..

To the rest of the hecklers, you do realize there is a die shrink involved with the 'new' cards, right?

It is also important to bear in mind that the 9800GTX+ is 55nm, so it really is ONLY getting a name change. Also, despite the fact that most 9800GTXs are 65nm, there are also 55nm 9800GTXs, so they’re also only getting rebranded.

As for the die shrink.. you KNOW they are going to have 65nm GT180s etc... because they can just slap a new sticker and bios on an 3rd gen tech right? (good as it was for a lot of people)

Last edited:
All of the naming problems started when G92 came out and they brought out the 8800GTS 512 and the 8800GT 512, should have been 9xxx to begin with or they should have started the GT naming then. Really not sure why they branded a G92 core with an 8xxx.

i'm just surprised the G92 core made it through 3 generations with merely a bump in clocks and a die shrink. LOL Sounds like AMD's A64 architecture. LOL

and personally i dont think the g92 is a "golden chip" its very memory bandwidth limited by its 256bit buss.

eh w/e my 8800gts 640 is still kickin it strong in new games i have no reason to upgrade.

Back