• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drop-Top

I hate to ask such a n00b question but, I have been looking for a half hour and have no answers. I just want to know what the drivers everyone tends to use for nvidia cards? I just got a 7900gt, the first nvidia since my GF2, so I am a little lost. Thanks.

I installed the nvidia 84.25 beta just to get oblivion to play & it cleared up a lot of problems,was also able to get a better oc (stock 270/400 pny 5500) 1st oc 370/514 with the new drivers 393/533 and stable as heck.Not bad for a low end card.

Same here....withouth new drivers i hit 100fps withouth AA and AF in America's Army..i dl'd new drivers..put everything on high and 4xAA and 16xAF...guess what..fps where 120-140...that's amazing...btw...my card seems to run games faster if i have 4xAA enabled...why is that? i have a 7800gs

I know you can get them from nvidia. I was curious if omega, for example, was better. I have been using omega drivers for years and have found them to be superior in my overclcoking experience.

I have used Omega drivers in the past as well, I have never really noticed much of a difference with Omega drivers although some people swear by them.

using nvidia beta 84.43 and its alot better imo, more fps for me in just about everygame n alot smoother, think they done something to this driver that its so great lol

I just upgraded from the omega drivers. They are using an older version of the driver a 66.** version. I'm now using nvidias latest and everything is a lot better. Gained over 500 on 3dmark06.

Yeah, I pretty much stick to the official Nvidia drivers anymore, I tried the Extreme G's in the past few months, Much like the Omega's earlier I didn't really notice a difference. As with most things, Different drivers work better/worse in different systems, A little trial and error doesn't hurt as long as you clean out old drivers completely.

Back