• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVidia's Next Gen GPU benched [Dodgy source warning!]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super Nade

† SU(3) Moderator  †
Found this as I was looking through today's hardware news...

http://www.kbench.com/hardware/?no=52262&pr=2&cc=8

16646 in 3DM06. (2560x1600)

Forgive the Google translated Engrish:

Nvidia is being developed next-generation GPU, codenamed GT200, a user's 3DMARK06 overseas test results to the public via the web.
TulipGTX라는 닉네임을 쓰는 이 유저는 GT200 알파버전을 장착한 시스템에서 3DMARK06을 2560x1600 해상도로 테스트한 결과라면서 한장의 캡쳐 이미지를 웹상에 공개했다.​
This user to write a nickname TulipGTX alpha version of the GT200 is equipped with the system we tested, said 3DMARK06 to 2560x1600 resolution images to capture a piece of the web to the public.

Last edited:
I just see Wolfdale mobo comparisons, maybe the link is dead.
The website looks pretty legit tho

That gives me the Mobo link as well.

What GPU is this? The 9800GTX? the GX2?...

Er, caught the GPU gt200?... Hmm, so this is still an alpha card yet? or... what am I missing?

Wierd. anyhow, just click the first set of characters on the menu bar on the left, no idea what it says since I don't speak Korean, and that brings you to the front page of the website. Scroll down a bit and there's a link to the results through a picture, it's pretty obvious which one it is. Doesn't really show a lot though, just the score on a quad core @ 2667MHz. I don't know how it compares to an 8800GTS with that CPU but I know there are some pretty high scores with a GTS just not at that resolution. If this is really single card and single GPU at that resolution then :drool:

I'm currently working in Korea, and I can verify that 'Tulip' is actually one of the popular brands of video cards over here... you never see thet traditional 'western' brands of video cards. When my GF gets up, I'll get her to read the page and see if she can tell me much about the article... she speaks English, but she doesn't speak tech ;)

Seems too good to be true, but well they really need to show what GPGPUs could do so hopefully it is real.

The pic just in case the link won't work for others either.

I'm currently working in Korea, and I can verify that 'Tulip' is actually one of the popular brands of video cards over here... you never see thet traditional 'western' brands of video cards. When my GF gets up, I'll get her to read the page and see if she can tell me much about the article... she speaks English, but she doesn't speak tech ;)
Yea, got the GF to read the article, its all still speculation at this point, nothing concrete... gotta love the internet, right?

If it actually ran it at that res...why is that section of the screen being covered up?

Also, they said it was two q6600. That is a horrible score for dual quads if it is true.

Seems too good to be true, but well they really need to show what GPGPUs could do so hopefully it is real.

The pic just in case the link won't work for others either.

weird, I got this picture

k52240p1n1.jpg

from here

[EDIT]

Good on finding this picture but is not the one from the topic (""next gen"") so my bad...

Last edited:
Back