• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT LEXA Any Good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolverine690

Just curious if anyone has built a system with this case for themselves or someone else? I am just curious as to your thoughts & views, pros & cons, is it a good case? Would you recommend to others etc.

I currently use Antec Cases and love them for their tank light construction, but in the mood for a new look.

NZXT LEXA BlackLine Black Steel
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811146038

Also if you have this case could you post up some pics of it, thanks...

oh and does it come with all the fans for any/all available fan locations, or would you need to purchase a fan or 2 to install? (I like to have exceptional cooling)

I have no experience with that case, but Maximum PC reviewed it and they did not like it very much... 5/10.

I can't speak for that exact model but I've got their Nemesis Elite and it's a very sturdy piece. They make a solid product.

I was debating on this case, but ended up going with the Xclio Turbo Engine one... As another poster said, Maximum PC reviewed it and wasn't kind to it.

What a coincidence! I got this case today- The NZXT LEXA Blackline. Bloody sexy case. Well built. Clever drive rails system where you clpi a rail on each side of you HDD/DVD drive/floppy drive and slide it into place easily. Lots of space for hiding cables. Nice big window. Ready for watercooling. Pretty big. Very heavy [1mm Steel].

It comes with a 120mm fan on the side, at the back and at the front, and an 80mm fan on the top.

Heres the best pic I have of it, freshly built today :D

[Clicky Linkage]

Nicely done, Xanado. I agree it is extremely sexy but assuming you are using the stock lighting, are the fans really that bright? :eek:

It's a bright case, there are tons of places to put fans so you get a lot of LED glow! I built a system into the silver Lexa for a friend when it first came out, it's got a lot of spots for fans so it works great as an air-cooled case. Installation was straightforward, but there were a few gimmicky parts like the rear wire-routing that beg to be ripped off and thrown in the trash! Still, it's a great looking case and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it.

I have the silver Lexa and I really like it , especially it's screwless hd and dvd-rw design.

Nicely done, Xanado. I agree it is extremely sexy but assuming you are using the stock lighting, are the fans really that bright? :eek:

Im actually using 3 red cold cathodes as well as a green LED built into my CPU cooler and various red LED fans around the case.

IMO you should buy some cold cathodes. You can get 2x 12 inch ones in alot of colours for about £3 per pair! THey also come in 4 inch lengths :)

I've seen some Lian Li's and really don't like them all that much.

Well seeing them in person is a whole other story. Once you have worked with one you immediately fall in love with them because of there build quality. But if your looking for something flashier then I recommend something from Cooler Master.

Im actually using 3 red cold cathodes as well as a green LED built into my CPU cooler and various red LED fans around the case.

IMO you should buy some cold cathodes. You can get 2x 12 inch ones in alot of colours for about £3 per pair! THey also come in 4 inch lengths :)

Ahh that explains it. I personally don't like cases that are too bright, so bright cathodes usually aren't for me.

Back