• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT N7 B550 (Any alternatives with a white theme? With better performance/cost?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

Like the title says, I'm looking at getting the NZXT N7 B550. I'm thinking of pairing this whith a white case. I've always wanted this type of ascetically pleasing setup. Just never had the coin/could justify it.

I plan to run this with a kraken z73/z63 and either a NZXT H510 Elite or Lian-Li Case O11D Mini -X in white.

I'm open to whatever. Its been years since I've custom built anything (due to bitcoin crap and now scalpers).

I just finally reached my limit with my alienware and am going to gut it for its cpu/gpu. I'm just done.

Anyway. I would love your suggestions. Current, about to be gutted, specs in the Sig.

The Gigabyte Vision/Aero boards have that white theme. Asus Prime does (sort of)...they aren't quite as white as the nzxt. :)

I am currently running an ASUS B550-A MB, but now the White NZXT N7 B550 is on sale. Back then I was looking for a board to fit my White build better but NZXT and GIGABYTE B550 White boards were $250+.

Would you personally change out an ASUS board for an NZXT N7 B550 (Asrock)?

i too would swap an asus for an asrock board any day.
currently using an asrock b450m and not having any issues with the board after a few years of service

Hmm I just read that the NZXT board only has 1 Gen4 x4 and 1 Gen3 x2 compared to my old Asus board 1 Gen4 x4 and 1 Gen3 x4.

I don't want to get rid of my NVMe Samsung 980's as they work well and produce less heat. I use the 500GB for Windows and 1TB for Documents / Workspace.

What do you think running my Windows boot NVMe on the Gen3 x2 would be like. I wanna keep the white covers on the NZXT board for astheic looks and the 980's lower heat would suffice. I would get a WD_BLACK 2TB SN850X NVMe with Heatsink but that would leave me without a cover on the board and defeats the good looks of the NZXT B550 White theme board.

Feels like we've hijacked this thread, lol...... I may split this off to your own.

It depends on how you would use your system. I have my OS on my fastest drive on the fastest connection. This includes my documents and files (over the past couple of years I've started using windows default locations for docs, etc on C:\). I would put my games on the slower connection. That said, I'm not sure you'd notice a difference.

That's tough though, a 3.0 x2 slot.....not even x4.....fast drives... neutered on paper.... maybe use the 1TB for the OS and partition the rest for something else you want fast (some games or w/e it's used for).

In terms of cases, don't forget about the Corsair 4000D Airflow in white. The H510 will not cool as well as the O11D or Corsair.

Thanks! Looks like I am keeping my current Fractial Design Case, has good air flow to keep my 5900x at good temps.

Last edited:
New build with NZXT B550 board up and running without issue. A little lower Cinebench scores than previous setup, but I don't remember exactly what OC settings I had in Bios in my Asus B550-A 😀

Back