• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]65 Fans Tested on a Megahalems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To make ziptie screws you use a strap and a buckle. You can make a ziptie screw with one ziptie to provide the buckle and one ziptie to supply the strap --- usually with the buckle still attached. This means it can take two zipties to make one ziptie screw.

I have a bag of buckles I have saved from old zipties so that I don't have to use two zipties to make one ziptie screw. I have the straps cut off and save only the buckles.

What you have pictured above are zipties. Two identical zipties will make one ziptie screw. It looks like you have access to everything you need.

To make ziptie screws you use a strap and a buckle. You can make a ziptie screw with one ziptie to provide the buckle and one ziptie to supply the strap --- usually with the buckle still attached. This means it can take two zipties to make one ziptie screw.

I have a bag of buckles I have saved from old zipties so that I don't have to use two zipties to make one ziptie screw. I have the straps cut off and save only the buckles.

What you have pictured above are zipties. Two identical zipties will make one ziptie screw. It looks like you have access to everything you need.

Thanks for all the info, i figured how to use them thanks to a video that was posted on one of the threads you linked before. I read that they melt at 85c so that's a big worry and it's putting me off them. I've decided that purchasing a different fan instead of the Corsair would be the better choice, only doubt i have is if a Thermalright TY-147A will fit with the stock Prolima clips since they're apparently for 25mm fans and they Thermalright is 26,5mm, would that be a problem or would it fit just fine?. Thanks.

The clips will accommodate TR's thicker fans. However, they are not sized for the TR 147A SQ. Make sure you get the TR147A. I have used that, and the TY-143 and the TY-140. All three fit Megahalems clips.

The clips will accommodate TR's thicker fans. However, they are not sized for the TR 147A SQ. Make sure you get the TR147A. I have used that, and the TY-143 and the TY-140. All three fit Megahalems clips.

Great, you'd been of great help. Since you are an experienced reviewer let me ask you something, why is there some much discrepancies between different reviews of the same product?, say for example i found a review about the TT Frio Extreme on Kitguru which shows it's a little better than the Phanteks PH-TC14PE and one on Xbitlabs where they say the TT couldn't even achieve the same OC as the Phanteks, let alone be better, they even show the TT as 7c hotter than the Silver Arrow SB-E which couldn't achieve the same OC as the Phanteks neither, whereas in other sites the TT also beats the SA.

Have you tried the TT personally?, would it achieve even better temps with a third fan?

Reviews vary for many reasons. Some review systems top out in producing heat, while the heatsinks have cooling reserve. In such systems, you cannot fully challenge a heatsink. Such systems show a couple of degrees in variance, so if two heatsinks are within a couple of degrees, they are equal.

Where a testing system shows that a certain cooler, like a water-based system, exceeds what any heatsink can do, then you are probably seeing where a heatsink has been maxed out. You might be able to trust such a system, except . . .

Where a system is testing a cooler with a convex contact surface or places excessive pressure on the contact interface (Intel specifies a maximum clamping force of fifty pounds for 115x LGA's), such a heatsink may out-cool a heatsink where the clamping force is limited by what Intel specified Noctua is one of those).

The contact interface is why I spend so much time in my reviews on that subject. Unfortunately, my testing system was damaged by a convex plate. It can no longer be used to test heatsinks, even though it is fine for day-to-day use.

As for the TT, I have not used one of their heatsinks, so I cannot help you.

Back