• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o/c help needed...3930k / rampage iv formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In the screen above I would take a closer look at lowering many of your voltages. more is not always better.
If your memory is rated at 2133 with 1.5V, running them at 1.75V isn't going to help for speeds up to their rating.
I have not played with 2011 yet (I'll be getting my first set next week), but I would venture a guess you don't need that much VTT, 2nd VTT, or VCCSA for the speeds you're trying to reach.
If you've thoroughly tested with lower voltages, trust your testing over my advice, but if you set these settings whithout full testing, I'd take a step back.

UPDATE: Reset everything to default/auto except those listed in my post. Yep...took a step back. Agreed...will set vddr to 1.65v (the memory's rated voltage)

A few settings catch my eye in the screenshot above as well.
The "CPU Load-Line Calibration" should be set more conservatively (medium would be fine).
The "CPU Voltage Frequency" should be set to 400MHz or so...
The "CPU Power Duty Control" should be set to the other option ("extreme" IIRC).
The "CPU VCORE Boot Up Voltage" should match the CPU Vcore setting on the other page.
...same thing for the "CPU VCCSA Boot Up Voltage".
The VCCSA Current Capability should be increased (max is fine as long as you lower the VCCSA voltage as I previously mentioned).

UPDATE: CPU LLC seems to be giving best results at 'High' but will do some runs at Medium to check it out. Will go with 400 for CPU PDC...haven't tried that. Will also set CPU VCORE BUV to same setting as other page, CPU VCCSA is set to Auto so not sure what, if anything, to change on CPU VCCSA BUV? Will also try setting VCCSA CC to max.

In the screen above, everything should change when you chage the "CPU Power Duty Control" from the last screen. Now on this screen you should be able to input a numerical value for the power limit, feel free to max it out.

Those are the only things that catch my eye right off the bat. I'll be getting a RIVF next week, so I'll be able to get some more hands on with it and maybe I'll be even more helpful at that point. Anyhow, good luck and keep us posted :)

UPDATE: Long Duration PL, Long Duration M and Short Duration PL are all set to max numeric limit. Will see if any other changes impact these values and, if so, set them to max.

Thanks so much MIAHALLAN! Will keep trying tonight.

UPDATE: O/S crapped out last night. Going to load BenchZowner's stripped Win7x64 tonight

Last edited:
Did a fresh windows install last night and ran a little testing. My original results that I posted were with only 1 of the GTX 680's running. Now enabled all 3 and, sadly, it takes a lot more voltage to get to the same overclock levels. Somewhat expected with the 2 additional cards drawing more power but with LLC set to High, the voltage set in the bios and voltage shown in cpu-z remain the same and constant.

Time to re-start all testing to see where this thing can go with all 3 graphics cards running :\

PS- Just before crashing the o/s (and while still running a single card)...setting the CPU Clock Gen filter to 20 microfarads definitely helped stability. Was able to run at 5047 (103/100/49) at 1.525v instead of the previous 1.535v.

UPDATE: Highest, stable overclock with all 3 graphics cards is 4935MHz...a decrease of about 110MHz when compared against the single card results. Does that seem normal and about right?

UPDATE: Think I may have milked all the points I can out of the cpu so the setup will be re-formatted, etc and be my day-to-day gaming rig. Will run 4.8GHz (@1.36v) as a 24/7 overclock....temps during 20 passes of Linx never get above 58C.

Last edited:
Hey funsoul...any updates on this? You still running at 4.8?

I got my 3820 stable at 5GHz with tri-SLI 580s...but I have not tested the difference with a single card. :)

No real updates MIAHALLEN. Running 4.8 for 24/7, get it up around 5.1 for benching. Now it gets to be a little warm in the home office so sticking w/4.8 for now.

That said...the home office is in the basement. Built a big *** table in the back (unfinished) portion of the basement then using long cables, am going to move the 3930 rig to the back area (unfinished section's about 5-8C cooler than office). The table will end up supporting the whs2011, 3dv, guinea pig and the new 2700k build (which is in progress...need two small hose clamps which I'll pick up after work...hope to start leak testing tonight) and an ss phase unit that should arrive next week.

So...busy busy....basically putting 3930k overclocking on hold for now (will give it a go with the phase unit after guinea pig and 2700k buillds have their turns).

Thanks for following up!

Back