• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C] Sandy Bridge on Dry Ice - Watch Live

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

My first attempt at benching on dry ice ever, come watch me make a fool of myself and potentially kill a perfectly good i7 2600k. The live stream is up now (2:45 pm) if you want to stop in and watch me prep. Hopefully I'll be doing something worthwhile by about 3:30 pm. I'll be trying 2D and 3D since I've got two 6870's also.

Hop over to Overclockers' Live to watch, chat, offer advice, and heckle me.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Its a good show tonight! I learned some Sandy Bridge.:) Good to chat and see folks from the forum. Very nice stream. Good choice of tunes Splat. :beer:

He edited the FP article and unfortunately said he didn't get a bit over air.

Yea I'm wondering if maybe the chip is just maxed out. He had reasonable voltage set, and even tried a couple different BIOS releases (including the latest one not on the hwbot forum). At the end he was able to creep bclk a little, but then his wife called and that was the end of the show :burn:

I heard it was useless to put them on ln or dry because of multi lock with low temp.
I don't remember the source but the ideal temp is like 20C...

20c or -20c? i've seen others post that there is a cold bug at -20c.

and yes i didn't do any better on dice than i did on air. i figured it would at least let me pump some more volts which would give me a few more bumps of mhz. unfortunately that was not the case. So i maxed out at 5.3ghz

20c or -20c? i've seen others post that there is a cold bug at -20c.

and yes i didn't do any better on dice than i did on air. i figured it would at least let me pump some more volts which would give me a few more bumps of mhz. unfortunately that was not the case. So i maxed out at 5.3ghz

They were saying, on the review/benchmark that the best temp was around 20C in if I reminds correctly. Extreme cooling wasn't better; it could even be worse they said (multi lock).

The best solution was to get a water system and cool the water enough to get that temp. You must have the correct WC set-up but don't ask me what he was talking about... it's WC stuff and my knowledge is zero on that :-/... I guess you need a certain flow rate as you are limited with the temp because you can't go too close to 0C.

Back