• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-•=» Project: Illuminati Unleashed «=•-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just really waiting for my BIP II now to replace the BIX II (need more room!)... and re-plumbed my system 3 times... most recently with new 7/16" masterkleer

the WC is almost done, then its just component upgrades

It's projects like this that make me want to get my feet wet (no pun intended) with water cooling!

Is it just me, or do all of your projects look amazing, right up close to the end, and then they never get finished, only replaced by another sweet looking project that nears completion, but never actually gets there?
Either way, it looks like this latest incarnation is coming along nicely ;) :thup:

THIS IS GETTING FINISHED - GUARANTEED! LOL

here's the updates copied from my thread over at XS:

re did my WC loop for the third time within a week, and now i'm 100% satisfied with the CPU loop

swapped my uber thick masterkleer out for 7/16" stuff, as it was just too heavy for the bends i needed to do to make it all fit

so here's more pics for you with the new tubing flavor:

(as well as the hard drive rack installed with the 6-32 threaded standoffs)

ill_wc_16.jpg

ill_wc_17.jpg

ill_wc_18.jpg

got my aquaxtreme MP-1 GPU blocks today, and OOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOH they're DAMN puuuuuuurdy!

ill_wc_20.jpg

lastly:

confessions of a true water cooling addict:

you know you've spent too much money on pumps when you have 3 boxes from acrylic alphacool tops in your closet, each containing the stock top, hardware, and neoprene pad from a DDC-2 18w pump

ill_wc_15.jpg

put black heatshrink over the HDD rack standoffs:

ill_wc_21.jpg

and got the DDC-2 w/ alphacool top mounted in the HDD rack:

ill_wc_22.jpg

ill_wc_23.jpg

its noisier than mots computers, as there are 14 of the Arctic COoling AF12 fans in it... but the noise it puts out is veyr low tone/frequency, so it doesn't bother me at all

P5WDG2-WS Pro is in, build is officially done minus a few little things (optical drives & drive covers, and a little bit of wire sleeving) - Conroe and RAM also need to go in, but thoes are just components that don't aesthetically contribute to the build ;)

illuminati_1.jpg

illuminati_2.jpg

illuminati_3.jpg

Nice job.

I see you managed to fit the computer into that box of water cooling supplies...I guess you proved me wrong. :)

If I am not mistaken it is 2 seperate loops. I personally really like the idea and will probably do something similar when I rebuild with my Conroe setup here in a month or so.

~jtjuska

Back