• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Obligations on water cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, the first time I ever watercooled, I bought the parts, then got out the powertools and made it all fit. Radiator mounting is an excelent excuse to get out the jigsaw. :p

Uhh.. you dont know what Intel can do apparntly.. maybe you should go check out Ross's and FUGGERS 3d benchmarks ;)

greenmaji said:
Uhh.. you dont know what Intel can do apparntly.. maybe you should go check out Ross's and FUGGERS 3d benchmarks ;)

mmk, last time i checked the Intel Extreme editions were Extreme ripoff editions lol.

But to answer that other guy's question. It's like the first time, i didnt build a computer, i got one premade yes, then i started learning on how to modify it and stuff, so i baught new parts for it as i needed them, got my experence from doing that, then just started building computers all together. I have a different mentallity than most, also, I'm a freelance web designer/programmer, i have like 7K to throw at this.

Ok, how about this, I have NO idea what custom parts to get, that's why i'm getting a kit.

Can you guys suggest a group of parts for me to get like, radiator, pump, and make sure the tube sizes are correct lol because i have no idea when it comes to plumbing. Also, i'm cooling 2 GPU's and a processor, so make sure you get good blocks for thoes too.

Yuriman, I'm asian, I dont even think my dad owns a jigsaw even know he's irish (i'm chirish, or irineese lol).

Last edited:
Ross is running a 930D ~$219 for a dual core processor..

Last edited:
aao_pwner said:
But to answer that other guy's question. It's like the first time, i didnt build a computer, i got one premade yes, then i started learning on how to modify it and stuff, so i baught new parts for it as i needed them, got my experence from doing that, then just started building computers all together. I have a different mentallity than most, also, I'm a freelance web designer/programmer, i have like 7K to throw at this.

Ok, how about this, I have NO idea what custom parts to get, that's why i'm getting a kit.

Can you guys suggest a group of parts for me to get like, radiator, pump, and make sure the tube sizes are correct lol because i have no idea when it comes to plumbing. Also, i'm cooling 2 GPU's and a processor, so make sure you get good blocks for thoes too.

Oh yeah, sure. Don't do any research, don't read the stickies, don't read archived posts - just ask someone else to do all the footwork for you. The "7K to throw at this" quote is where I stopped reading your post. You won't get much help with that juvenille attitude.

If you spend time researching this yourself, you'll be better off in the end. Not only will you have a (potentially) great setup, you'll also be able to take a little more pride in what you've done. If you just want to own the latest and greatest and not care how it works, then I'm afraid most folks here won't offer much help.

aaronjb said:
Oh yeah, sure. Don't do any research, don't read the stickies, don't read archived posts - just ask someone else to do all the footwork for you. The "7K to throw at this" quote is where I stopped reading your post. You won't get much help with that juvenille attitude.

If you spend time researching this yourself, you'll be better off in the end. Not only will you have a (potentially) great setup, you'll also be able to take a little more pride in what you've done. If you just want to own the latest and greatest and not care how it works, then I'm afraid most folks here won't offer much help.

It's not that i havent done any research, it's that I dont have confidence in what i've found. I want to ask someone who has done this for a long time, then look at what parts im getting, check how they are compatible, why the pump is good and the radiator. That's how I find out if somthing is good.

I work different than most, and the way I learn isnt the same as most people do.

Also, I like to buy everything from one site, that's also why I am looking at kits, and asking for suggestions and stuff. I know not everything as far as cooling goes is on newegg, but i like to shop from like 1-3 stores, to keep shipping down and help orgonize things.

then post the parts you have selected and the layout that you would "think" would be best (for you, taking lack modification your willing to do into consideration)
and your goals of the system (all out performance? scilence?)
Honestly when you talk 7K realy could aford to go phase if your only consern is performance. (and you can get quite a bit of gear from the place online that sells pre-fab ones)

I was thinking about getting this pump:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835108082

Resivoir from FrozenCPU:

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-res-40.html

This radiator:

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-rad-75.html

CPU block:

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-blc-244.html

2 of theese GPU blocks:

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-blc-270.html

And I have no idea what tubing i will need, nor adapters, i dont know much about the tubing aspect of the whole deal, thats where im having the most problems.

aao_pwner said:
And I have no idea what tubing i will need, nor adapters, i dont know much about the tubing aspect of the whole deal, thats where im having the most problems.

What did your reaserch tell you about tubing and plumbing exactly?
Links to things you read about pluming? (to insure acuracy of information of course ;) )

greenmaji said:
What did your reaserch tell you about tubing and plumbing exactly?
Links to things you read about pluming? (to insure acuracy of information of course ;) )

i took information from many people, one saying that a triple radiator is good, one saying that swiftech makes good pumps, and i basically put it together that way...

If you really do have 7k for this, i would say pump is good, res is okay. then thats where i start suggesting stuff, Black Ice Xtreme III radiator, Swiftech Storm CPU block, and Danger Den NV-78 in SLI configuration, then for tubing go for Tygon (which is the better one?) and there are clamps you can buy at Lowe's or Home Depot.

EDIT: The DangerDen blocks are for the GPU if you didnt figure that out.

I was looking at the res again and thats a no no, its made with 1/4" NPT, so thats very restricting, try a danger den bay resevior, or you could go with a tline

Back