• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC FX 4300 guidance from experts :P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DavidGuadagno

Registered
Hi guys, here's my RIG (as u can see in my signature) I watch and read a lot of guides but strangely i'm having difficulties on having a stable OC @ 4.5Ghz, i know that i could go even go further but, there's always a but, i need to be stable first.
@ 4.4Ghz i got good stability staying just under 1.50v, with prime95 strees test for 12 hrs.

AH!!!! before i forget the temps on both Ghz and V want go further then 40/43 degrees (i think there good...)

Got some pics here about my bios settings (sorry about the poor quality but i couldn't do any screenshot because i didn't have any USB with me)

I appreciate your help and i thank u already for the disposable help that u will give.

Any tips of any incorrect config are appreciated ^_^

Last edited:
4.4ghz 1.5v ??? that's some dud you got there :( apart from RAM being 1866mhz (why is it at 1.65v ?)... Disable Core C6, APM and enable HPC Mode, disable PCIe Spread Spectrum, try raising CPU/NB voltage to 1.25v. Lemme grab a screenie of my DIGI+ section and i will edit in a few minutes.

EDIT: My 4300 runs 4.9ghz 1.381v with these settings (same setup different CPU, now running a 8370 4.5ghz, replace values where needed)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @Kenrou, tnx for the reply.
So I started resetting​ the bios by loading the default settings. Restart and check Windows etc etc, returned into the bios and I followed step by step all your settings, well the where all there expect 1 thing;
1 the HT and NB are max rolled to 2400Mhz can't go further then that.

Done that saved and restart I was getting a loop of restart and bsod, so what I tried to bump up the vCore and, uhlala got into windows, guess! It wasn't stable until 1.5v.....

Desktop 06.04.2017 - 23.29.18.02.png
its about 30 minutes test

Last edited:
Try lowering the RAM to 1600mhz (with appropriate timings) to see if it makes any difference.

Update 2; I tried some steps , so I arrived @ 4.4Ghz with 1866Mhz & 1600Mhz it just goes into bsod, @ 4.3Ghz with 1866Mhz it goes fine until windows...with prime95 there's no stability (with your settings)

Something to keep in mind is just because it works with his settings doesn't mean it will work with yours. It's fine to compare them but to just plug in his settings and expect the same results, well it just doesn't happen.

It looks like you've reached the top of that CPU. Don't feel bad though, you're not alone. My FX 4350 tops out right around the same as yours.

Based off your ram #'s it looks like they should be at 1866Mhz (10-11-10 @ 1.5v). I would set it there and leave it till you get the CPU figured out. Then start tweaking the ram. JMO

I suggested lowering the RAM speed because of the weak IMC as it might have given him some stability and my settings are also tweaked to give as much breathing room as the CPU/RAM needs (both voltage and DIGI+). Not used to seeing FX OC'ing that low, very disheartening :(

My first FX 8350 took a lot of tweaking to get stable at 4.5 with less than 1.45V, it has also been a trend with the 6 and 4 cores to typically need more voltage for the same clocks as their 8 core siblings. The one thing I see is the Kingston ram which has been known to have issue with the FX and vice versa. I would suggest leaving the ram at auto until you have an idea of what the CPU can do on it's own some FX have issue with 1866 on good sticks.

@Blaylock @Kenrou @Johan45 tnx for the tips, i just buckled up @ 4.5 with 1.5v stable (i know its too much) but from my rig its going good and its keeping 41 degrees. I'll might keep this for a while i'm changing totally rig by the end of the summer (OT need more single core so i'll might go towards Intel)

@Blaylock @Kenrou @Johan45 tnx for the tips, i just buckled up @ 4.5 with 1.5v stable (i know its too much) but from my rig its going good and its keeping 41 degrees. I'll might keep this for a while i'm changing totally rig by the end of the summer (OT need more single core so i'll might go towards Intel)

1.5v is really the max I would consider for water cooling so I wouldn't say it's too much. Hell, That's exactly where I was running mine. Just keep in mind it could degrade the chip over time. I'm not familiar with how good the Deepcool AIO coolers are. If it compares to some of the other quality coolers you'll be fine til the end of summer.

Also I agree with the choice of going Intel if you need single thread performance. AMD is making great strides in catching up to Intel, but Intel is still the king.

:salute:

Back