• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED OCF Now Issuing Hawken Closed Beta Keys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When I can find a server it seems pretty fun. It seems the matchmaker is the best method for that btw. This is my first mech style game so I'm having to adjust to the movement speed but I like the multi-level maps. They remind me of the old Quake 2 maps. I know it's a future style game but mechs in current time suburb style maps would just be amazing.

Update: First run of closed beta has ended. No announcement of the next run date yet.

How is it?
Deathmatch: Fast paced run and gun gameplay.
Team Deathmatch: Strategy plus fast paced run and gun.
Siege: Multifaceted strategy plus multiple changing objectives.
Missile Defense: Straight defend points gametype.

At the end of the closed beta (first run) most of the server connectivity and server availability issues had been resolved so it became fairly easy to join a game.

The game flows smoothly, and is free of glaring errors or unfinished areas, although minor graphical errors are visible from time to time (very good quality for a Beta).

Current shortfalls:
No tutorial.
No keymap.
Less than intuitive optimization system.
User interface is very small print unless viewed on screens of 22" or larger.
No ability to password a server for Clan use or for map exploration.
Audio chat is not reliable.

Got my key, pretty quick process. 2600 left atm, they are going quick...Once you register, you will be able to input your key into the Hawken website and will recieve a notification once the next round of betas begin.

Last edited:
^ Ahh thanks for the heads-up, from what I hear looks like the next beta will begin sometime after November 10th.

More info:

Be sure to follow HAWKEN on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Raptr, and Reddit for the latest news about Closed Beta code giveaways. Already participated in one of our previous events? Then you're all set for Closed Beta Event 2 and don't need to redeem a new code!

We're also announcing that we'll be offering pre-sale bundle packages to kick off this event. HAWKEN fans can join the Vanguard Initiative by purchasing one of four bundles. Bundles will be pre-sold at a discount here on PlayHawken.com and will be priced at $5, $15, $30, and $60. Items and currencies granted by these bundles will be in pilots' mech garages at Open Beta on December 12, 2012 (12/12/12).

Back