• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing a 955 on an old PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chirkk

Registered
I got a 955 and an oldy coolermaster psu at 460w. The 12v rail is a little iffy at times, should I upgrade it? I wont be able to scap up the cash for a new psu until november and only plan to use this pc for light gaming and web surfing. I tok this psu out of a fried pc which makes me extra worried. In a few minutes i'm gonna test the rails with a voltage meter, althought the psu has been running a few things for a week now (not the mobo or anything attached, but fans and etc.) with no issues, but should I continue with my build and this power supply? I probably wont use my graphics card anymore as it had its run for its money, so i'm only running a hard drive, bluray drive, some fans, my motherboard, ram, and my cpu.

Your write >> The 12v rail is a little iffy at times, = You know better than us what 'iffy' means. It is a sure thing that most failed power supplies, take something else with them when they go. The choice is yours. I CERTAINLY would not be overclocking and loading the power supply if you say it is 'iffy'.

Back