• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing HP Vli 8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stressy

OC'ing HP Vli 8 (mobo= Fic KZM 6120)

Hi,

i've recently got an old HP Vli 8 from a friend.
It's a FIC KZM 6120 mobo (Intel 440ZX Chipset) with a P2 400 Mhz cpu,2 x 128 MB PC133 SDR,2 x 6.4 GB HDD,3COM Ethernet,CMI8738 3D sound.
Now here's the thing: first i've tried to overclock the cpu throug the multiplier,didn't work cause the P2 has a multiplierlock.
So i was thinking about upping the fsb since it's only 100 Mhz and the memory can run up to 133 Mhz but i can't adjust the FSB in BIOS nor with dipswitches/jumpers.
Tried softfsb but i'm not sure about the clockgeneratorchip so the system just hangs.
According to the mobo's manual,it's capable of running at 133 Mhz Fsb.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Greetz,Ken

Last edited:
I had an HP VLi8 that was overclocked to 112mhz FSB... There were two clock IC's depending on the version of the board; the clockgen chip is always right next to the red dipswitches on that motherboard. The one I had was a W48S101-04.

Those P2's didn't overclock too well, you won't hit 133fsb with it. 112 was about as far as I could get.

Thanks for the advice.
You where right about the clockgenerator and about oc'ing the P2 chip.
OC'ing such an old chip is a lot harder then i tought.
I can't even reach 112 Mhz FSB,when i set it to 112 it looks ok but after a few seconds the system hangs.
It only runs stable at 103 Mhz wich i find very frustrating.
How is this possible?
The CPU is well cooled and doesn't even warm up significantly & the memory is rated PC133.
The PCI frequency is a bit out of spec (37,5Mhz) but this was never a problem on my AthlonXP 1800.
What's holding me back?

Does any one know an alternative for AGP Info (program used to tweak intel's 440BX chipset)
I'm running Windows XP and AGP Info can't work on XP.
I've searched and searched but failed to find a decent replacement program for it..

Thanks in advance

Greetz

Back