• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ EL 4800 Platinum - Good choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mid0

Registered
Sup, I need some advice from you guys, I have 1gb of OCZ EL 4200 Platinum, but i'm having some problems with this ram and now I'll upgrade to Ocz EL 4800 Platinum (not elite edition). Is this memory good or I'll loose performance because they are 2.5-4-4-10 (DDR600)? With 3200 Platinum Rev.2 will I have more performance?

Wich Ocz memory you recomend to me? :shrug:

thanks for the help. :)

If you want to run 300FSB this is the memory you want. It's likely the memory will do lower timings than 2.5-4-4-10, but at 300FSB it's all about the speed :)

You can't go wrong with guaranteed DDR600's even though timings are little loose, but there aren't many TCCD's out there that can do 300MHz with 2.5-3-3. You might even be able to pull it off with these if you give them slightly more Vdimm.

ive got them and i canna complain about them only thing holdig me back is the cpu lol

Thanks for the help. I'm using a DFI nf4 ultra-d with Winchester 3200+ ... the 4800 platinum will be more recomended for me than 3200 Platinum Rev.2? Because i'm afraid for my CPU Memory's Controller won't suport high HTT like 300 or so. :shrug:

thanks for the help. :)

Sup, sorry guys.. I don't want to bother you with my doubts, but I have one more question: Which ram is better for the game and will give me more performance in games? Rev.2. (2-2-2-5@200Mhz) or 4800 Platinum (2.5-4-4-10@300Mhz)??

thanks!

Kil4Thril said:
The 300...if you OC your processor. There won't be much difference either way, it's all about CPU speed at this point.

Yep. If you end up doing something like 260-275FSB either set should do it at 2.5-3-3-7 timings. The platinum rev 2 gives you 2-2-2 timings at lower speeds and the 4800 gives you 300FSB

Back