• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PowerStream™ 600 Watt "Limited Edition" SLI Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well i think the 520 is better then the 600 and you might wanna look at the 510 pcp&p ,and what else are you going to be running mem,hd and such?

BenNStevenson said:
http://www.frozencpu.com/psu-116.html

Think this baby is up to running a VaporChill system with 2x 7800GTX 2g+ ram and the best processor on the market?

Not a chance - I'm not too familiar with current Vapochill units, but IIRC they suggest planning for an additional 8A of current draw at 12v to run them. The Powerstream 600W would have that plus both video cards and all drives all on 12v1. The 520W would fare better, but I'm thinking the Vapochill may push it too hard as well. Especially if the CPU in question is a dual core P4.

My suggestions are: Silverstone Zeus ST56ZF/Etasis EPAP-560, Sparkle FSP550PLG-SLI, PC P&C 850W, Zippy PSL-6701P, or Delta DPS550-BB. All of these are capable of greater than 36A on a single 12v rail with the exception of the PC P&C, which is a triple 12v unit.

Last edited:
Oklahoma Wolf said:
Not a chance - I'm not too familiar with current Vapochill units, but IIRC they suggest planning for an additional 8A of current draw at 12v to run them. The Powerstream 600W would have that plus both video cards and all drives all on 12v1. The 520W would fare better, but I'm thinking the Vapochill may push it too hard as well. Especially if the CPU in question is a dual core P4.

My suggestions are: Silverstone Zeus ST56ZF/Etasis EPAP-560, Sparkle FSP550PLG-SLI, PC P&C 850W, Zippy PSL-6701P, or Delta DPS550-BB. All of these are capable of greater than 36A on a single 12v rail with the exception of the PC P&C, which is a triple 12v unit.

If money isint in the picture, which do you think is the safest decision, I plan on running 2x 74gb raptors, 2x 7800gtx's, 2g CorsairXMS. Belive it or not, im undecided with cpu/mobo yet, but thats for another forum ;)

BenNStevenson said:
If money isint in the picture, which do you think is the safest decision, I plan on running 2x 74gb raptors, 2x 7800gtx's, 2g CorsairXMS. Belive it or not, im undecided with cpu/mobo yet, but thats for another forum ;)
+1 for the Silverstone ST56ZF.

BenNStevenson said:
If money isint in the picture, which do you think is the safest decision

12v@45A. You may need a PCI-E adaptor or two: http://www.servercase.com/miva/miva...een=PROD&Store_Code=SC&Product_Code=PSL-6701P

I sure am recommending this one a lot in the past few days. The fan in this one is fairly loud I hear, but no more so than the PC P&C 510W. I've seen reports of people soldering in pots to lower the fan speed a bit and/or swapping the fan for something quieter. The Silverstone or Delta would be my second choice, both are 12v@38A. However, the Delta (same company that makes those infamous Delta fans) is longer than a normal PSU like the Zippy and would probably need to be ordered from their US offices. Third choice would be the PC P&C due to it being too expensive at the moment.

So the Silverstone ST56ZF would be a good choice? Im very worried about the psu. I know my psu choice would be critical, usualy I buy cases that have a psu included.

The Silverstone only gives up 7A at 12v to the Zippy - it'll power things. Etasis built it, and they know what they're doing being competitors to the likes of Zippy and PC Power and Cooling ;)

Be aware though early units tended to sag a bit under really heavy 12v loads. They're not unstable or overloaded by any means when this happens, they just tend to flirt a bit with the low end of their 5% spec. There's a pot inside to fix that.

The Zippy probably won't flinch at that load at all in comparison, however $280 is a big pill to swallow. The Silverstone is more than $100 cheaper.

Oklahoma Wolf said:
The Silverstone only gives up 7A at 12v to the Zippy - it'll power things. Etasis built it, and they know what they're doing being competitors to the likes of Zippy and PC Power and Cooling ;)

Be aware though early units tended to sag a bit under really heavy 12v loads. They're not unstable or overloaded by any means when this happens, they just tend to flirt a bit with the low end of their 5% spec. There's a pot inside to fix that.

The Zippy probably won't flinch at that load at all in comparison, however $280 is a big pill to swallow. The Silverstone is more than $100 cheaper.

I dont want to compromise my preformance, however, it would be much more convienent to buy the Silverstone, plus the price. Do you think there will be a noticable diffrence under heavy loads?

Last edited:
I don't think so... you may have to nudge that 12v pot up some if it turns out to be one of the early units, but I can't really see it having trouble. You could always give it a try and sell it if you need to grab something more like the Zippy.

Back