• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PaNoS

Registered
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of upgrading to OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB(2 x 2GB) PC2 8500. I'm currently Running 2GB Ballistix Tracers. I plan on installing Vista 64bit, which is the reason i really want 4GB.

Anyone running this memory?? Do you guys recommend them? I'm open to suggestions if there's anything better out there...I'm not too concerned about overclocking them too much. I'm mostly interested in tightening up the timings, which i can't do with my tracers...

get an other set of balistix tracer while they are cheap.

So i should just keep my tracers and not even bother with a 2x2GB kit? There won't be a noticeable performance difference having 4x1GB vs. 2x2GB? The tracers do make the inside of my case look interesting with the lights...that's one thing i'd miss..lol

not really, people say 4 is better and others say 2 is. for 4 sticks if you oc you need to up the north brige volts, you will get a higher oc with 4 sticks and uped mb volts.

Back